Join our sales organization – the team that creatively develops cross-platform, client-centric solutions across Warner Bros. Discovery Sports offerings. WBD Sports is an industry leader in the delivery of premium sports content across all platforms, widely recognized for its expansive partnerships with the NBA, Major League Baseball, the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship, the National Hockey League and, the United States Soccer Federation. The WBD Sports portfolio also includes Bleacher Report, the #1 digital destination for young sports fans driving engagement and video views across all social platforms and the B/R app, with premier brands including House of Highlights, HighlightHER, B/R Football, B/R Gridiron, B/R Kicks, B/R Betting, B/R Open Ice, B/R Walk-Off, and B/R Gaming. WBD Sports co-manages NBA Digital – comprised of NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE Pass, the NBA App and NBAGLEAGUE.com – as well as NCAA.com and the NCAA March Madness Live suite of products.
We are hiring highly motivated, multi-media savvy sellers who understand the monetization strategies that leverage the portfolio and a proven ability to communicate the value of this strategy to a wide range of agency partners/major US brands within the broader advertising community. In addition to generating revenue through custom partnerships, the Account Executive will work closely with our marketing and account service teams to ensure that the programs are delivering on their stated goals. Qualified candidates will reside in the Los Angeles offices of Warner Brother Discovery and will report to the Vice President of Ad Sales.
• Drive revenue while meeting/exceeding budget goals
• Build and manage deep relationships with media/advertising agencies and direct clients
• Manage book of business with a focus on driving new and incremental ad revenue
• Develop and execute strategic account strategies to hit/exceed quarterly sales targets
• Educate media agencies about our offerings across our portfolio of brands and platforms
• Manage the sales process from proposal through post-analysis and renewal/upsell
• Partner closely alongside WBD convergent counterparts to sell cross-platform/360 initiatives
• At least 5+ years of digital/linear sales experience required, custom content sales experience highly preferred
• Proven track record of negotiating, structuring, and closing complex brand partnerships
• Knowledge of the media and advertising landscape, industry trends, and best practices
• Passionate for brand storytelling in a sports context
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, negotiating, and problem-solving skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $129,500.00 - $240,500.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3bbox-18-232-31-255-42 in your application.