We are seeking a Manager, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to join the Human Resources team supporting Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Reporting to the Director, Operations and HR, the Manager, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will support teams in a highly creative and collaborative environment, helping studio leadership, to guide the development of HR strategies that attract, develop, and retain the best talent. Teams supported encompass the entire animation pipeline from development to post production, including technology and business support functions. The ideal candidate will have a combination of strong business acumen, Human Resources (HR) and Organization Development (OD) expertise, and consulting skills, as well as, the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, creative and dynamic environment.
The Manager, HRBP will proactively work with all aspect of the animation pipeline assessing business performance, identifying gaps and initiating partnerships to develop HR solutions that promote organizational and employee effectiveness. The ideal candidate will have experience in working within a unionized environment, strategy development, organization design, diversity and inclusion, and talent management strategies that builds client focus, efficiency, speed, and results. The Manager will work closely with HR infrastructure (e.g., Compensation, Recruiting, ER, Training, D&I and OD) and functional partners (e.g., Finance, Communications) to deliver solutions and change management plans that provide long-term benefits. The Manager helps to translate HR initiatives and serves as an advisor to business leaders regarding HR policies and processes (e.g., merit and promotion planning, performance management and talent planning) in order to optimize employee engagement and productivity.
• Establish and maintain an intimate understanding of the animation business, in the interest of building effective working relationships with stakeholders and clients, at all levels of the organization
• In partnership with the Disney Animation HR leadership team, develop and drive the implementation of HR strategies and initiatives that align with the business priorities and goals of The Walt Disney Studios (TWDS)
• Drive people engagement strategies that foster an environment where all employees are respected and valued
• Facilitate the consistent application, implementation and improvement of HR policies, processes, and programs (e.g., merit and promotion, planning, performance management, employee relations, career development, headcount planning, etc.)
• Assess organizational performance, identify talent gaps, and propose HR solutions that support the business
• Partner with the TWDS and Enterprise Center of Excellence (COE) Support functions to leverage functional expertise
• Build compelling presentations leveraging workforce analytics and insights to focus leaders on relevant business issues and assessing potential solutions
• Partner with the Director, Inclusion Strategies to integrate diversity and inclusion strategies into business plans to ensure an inclusive approach to the workplace
• Translate near and long-term operating goals into HR processes, projects, and assignments and integrate and initiate the work with key stakeholders and functional partners to ensure appropriate solutions are delivered to support business strategies
• Be available to all employees as a coach, counselor, and mentor; be effective at rallying everyone toward the common goals of the Studio and be an effective bridge builder across all functions and levels within the organization.
Work Experience and Qualifications
• 5+ years' experience in human resources, organization development, training or related talent planning field
• 2+ years' experience in leading small teams
• Experience working within a Production environment a plus
• Experience working within a creative environment
• Ability to work in fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
• Ability to lead change within dynamic environments
• Demonstrated success in synthesizing complex business data and developing innovative and holistic solutions from inception to post-delivery assessment
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects that cut across multiple business units, teams and HR partners from inception through completion
• Ability to maintain a broad view of the business and deliver solutions that balance individual client and overall Studio needs
• Ability to focus on critical issues to balance and respond to competing priorities
• Strong consulting and influencing skills; ability to think strategically
• Strong facilitation skills applicable across formal and informal (e.g., coaching, mentoring) approaches
• Strong diagnostic, problem solving, and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal and developed presentation skills with a proven ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
• Exceptional collaboration skills and ability to effectively work across functions and the organization
• Strong business acumen
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Ability to manage and thrive within ambiguity
• Innovative and creative in approach to accomplish work
• BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business or equivalent experience
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019's Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
This position is with Walt Disney Animation Studios Vancouver Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnpz21-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.