Supervising Producer, The Gray Area
Remote / Virtual
Eater's award-winning video program is known for pulling the curtain back on the restaurant industry with engaging docustyle series showcasing the intricacies that go into prep, dishes, and running established restaurants.
The Development Producer will lead a team of producers who are focused on producing series content. The role will require an individual to juggle all the stages of production (pre through post) while futuring-planning for months ahead. Success in this role will balance creatively inspiring the team, leading with empathy, and working with leadership on big-picture planning. You are an experienced manager who understands the need to foster a creative & an exciting team dynamic while elevating our standards in production.
Eater video moves at a fast pace while keeping production quality and thoughtful storytelling at the forefront of our overall strategy. This role requires sharp attention to detail, meticulous organizational skills, and a real passion for food, dining, and the people and places in the restaurant industry.
WHO WE ARE
Eater, the national food publication with outlets across North America and the UK, is at the forefront of reporting on the restaurant industry, shaping food culture with its award-winning journalism and programming, and telling people where to eat with its beloved maps and guides.
Eater is part of Vox Media, the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about what's now, what's next, and what's possible.
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Guide all existing series creative development and oversee 5-8 series formats and help launch new series concepts, as needed
• Manage a team of producers and oversee the pitch process for all series
• Manage our freelance producer network and seek out new opportunities, as needed
• Oversee our packaging and thumbnail process for all videos while consistently using our video analytics to inform
• Review edits prior to approval and give constructive feedback
• Balance the work and ownership of a variety of series and daily deliveries including working simultaneously on pre-production, production, and post-production
• Implement workflows for pre-production and production
• Work with Eater video management on priorities and planning for all platforms (YT, FB, OTT, IG, TT)
• Work with Eater leadership on channel strategy, ideation, and execution
• Work with various department heads on big initiatives, Eater packages, and video sponsorships
WHO YOU ARE
• 6-8 years of professional digital or TV experience (development, producing, shooting)
• Strong people management skills
• Previous development experience creating new digital series from the ground up
• Strong understanding of video analytics
• Previous talent management skills
• New creative workflows and series structures
• Experience with sponsored video concepts
• Strong video analytics background
• High-end shooting capability and excellent understanding of field production equipment/cameras (Panasonic Eva-1, Canon Cinema series, Canon 5DMKIII. 4K is a plus).
• Experience with sponsored content a plus
• Expertise in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop a strong plus
• Strong interest in all of Eater coverage areas
• A true team player who brings passion to the table
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We've hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, and sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOU'LL WORK
This job is flex. We're dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all of our employees, and when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
The salary range listed below represents the minimum and maximum base pay for this position at the time of this posting. Final salary offered to the candidate selected for the position will be based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills and experience.
$100,000 — $115,000 USD
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8p67x-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $100,000 to $0.00 Per Year ($ USD)
As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.