VICE Media Group's portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; and i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture.
VICE x Team
The Video Publishing team works closely with content creators, producers, designers and post production teams to generate engagement across properties, utilising data to ensure that content is released in innovative and effective ways across platforms. We are a nimble team of creative thinkers with a strong focus on operational efficiency and a passion for experimentation.
Role x You
The Video Strategist is responsible for distributing video content across video-focused platforms like YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram, and reports into the Video Publishing Team.
You have a strong understanding of packaging, great copywriting skills, experience of working with the platforms, plus an innate understanding of what gets audiences excited on social platforms.
Some of this role's core responsibilities include:
• Distributing and optimising performance of content across video-focused platforms like YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram.
• Overseeing asset creation of optimised, re-versioned assets for different social platforms.
• Creating high quality thumbnails, titles, copy, gifs, and AP other creative assets to drive growth across all social platforms.
• Curation of playlists and community management on YouTube.
• Utilising insights in order to generate recommendations for optimising the quality of video productions.
• Implementing strategies which achieve audience and revenue growth.
In the short term you'll be managing departmental workflow, optimising processes around scheduling and publishing of videos across platforms.
But after 6 months in this role you will collaborate on video programming strategies that build retentive audiences across platforms, and use knowledge of online video consumption habits to publish videos and links in the most effective way, ensuring maximum reach and impact.
And after a year you'll conceive of and execute experiments across social platforms to generate video publishing best practices. You will regularly deliver insights to production teams which helps improve the performance of their films.
• 1-2+ years of experience online writing/editing/curating/APing on the web.
• Strong knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, TikTok and Twitter.
• Deep understanding of how titling and thumbnails can affect a video's performance.
• Strong administrative and operational skills.
• Enthusiasm for experimenting with content and programming strategy to optimise for key metrics.
• Taste and cultural knowledge: You should have a strong interest in the arts and media.
• Strong familiarity with our video content and our online presence across platforms.
• Strong copywriting ability.
• Photoshop skills.
We'd love if you also had these:
• Premiere or video editing is a plus.
• Experience running a YouTube channel is a major plus.
• Familiarly with metadata and SEO best practices.
• Innovative background, especially in regards to video, multimedia, visual and interactive media, and how these translate to engagement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3x30n-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.