Vice Media seeks a motivated, experienced accountant to join our team. This position will be part of the Global Accounting Shared Service team and will involve a mix of month-end close functions, group consolidation and Accounting support.
• CA or ICWA Intermediate
• 4-5 years of professional experience
• Must have experience with month end and year end closing
• Preferably have experience preparing financial statements
• Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting required
• Experience communicating accounting information to senior level managers
• Strong Excel skills including pivot tables and VLOOKUPs
• Ability to learn quickly and apply accounting guidance to new and varied types of transactions
• Knowledge of Netsuite a plus
• Bank reconciliations, accounting for accruals, and prepaid expenses
• Intercompany reconciliations and matching
• Intercompany billbacks and recharges
• Review, analyze, and reconcile customer and vendor GLs
• Salary allocations (global recharges), freelancer payroll entries, and reconciliation
• Prepare Financial statement with notes and schedules
• Understanding of consolidation accounting
• Tax support preparation
• Audit support including pulling samples
• Ad hoc projects and line of business reporting as needed by the business
• Line of business support as needed
Candidates, please note that if you are contacted by anyone with an email other than @vice.com purporting to be recruiting on behalf of Vice Media, it is not legitimate, and you should not engage.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpy800-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.