The Senior Project Manager for VIRTUE Western Europe operates as the control tower for projects and new business opportunities across the region.
She/he is responsible to track the health of all projects and supports the Western Europe Account Team, Leadership Team and Growth Team to assure that projects are set-up and completed successfully.
When required the Senior Project Lead will be in direct correspondence with Client partners and act Client facing during meetings, specifically during the set-up phase of a project or partnership, but also during production phases or when sharing of reconciliations and project tracking.
• Autonomously translate client brief into requirements: develop scopes, budgets, timelines for projects and retainer set-ups across existing and new clients.
- Overlook Account team or directly maintain projects (paid, pitch & interco) in all systems (Salesforce, Netsuite, Workday)
- Track projects when live: manage changes to the project scope, timings, and costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Align with Resource and Operations to monitor resource feasibility and red-flag potential bottlenecks throughout the process
- Handle project closure, reports and reconciliations including profitability checks, defining key leanings for upcoming briefs to be played back to Western Europe teams when required, both internal and Client facing.
• Work as a partner to the VIRTUE Western Europe Growth Team, Managing Directors and the Leadership team to set up pitches (timeline, costs, team set-up and resource booking, VIRTUE systems, finance) and run operations throughout the pitch process (meetings, managing feedback, resource, freelance, etc.)
• Support the Resource and Operations team to building and maintain freelance relationships and negotiate rates to assure good value deals.
• Support the Resource and Operations team to assure that internal resources and third parties/vendors are utilised at max accountability and relevance throughout execution of projects
• Manage and guide global VIRTUE teams, whereby a well-considered environment will be created by managing everyone's time with respect for the various time zones, tools and processes.
• Onboard and train (new) employees (ways of working, processes and tools).
• Consult with the Leadership Team as well as EMEA Operations to give recommendations on process optimization, resource accountability and overall project profitability
• Operate as go-to person for the Account team for consultation and problem solving throughout each project stage and flag to VIRTUE Leadership Team in case of bigger issues pertaining to team accountability, project/account profitability and other areas
• Support not only the short-term goals of a project but align with the Leadership team to determine and impact long-term strategic goals to implement improvements in running processes and client relationships.
• At least 8 years of experience in creative project management (or similar) field at agencies or brands with proven team/department management experience
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Proven organizational skills and abilities
• Experience building budgets (project, retainer), timing plans, working with vendors
• Excellent Client communication skills, experienced starting and deepening client partnerships
• Creative problem-solving
• Excellent communication - written and verbal
• Agility, adaptability and flexibility
• Conflict resolution and proven management skills
• Self-awareness and encouragement of others
• Positive reinforcement and supporting a culture of innovation with the other teams
• On-going pursuit and growing knowledge of industry (media and creative agencies, video and photography production, brand) and competition.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk9bq-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.