Content Sales Manager / Director, International Distribution
VICE Media Group
London, United Kingdom
Content Sales Manager/Director, International Distribution (Europe: Northern and Southern Europe)
ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world's largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 21 offices around the world. VICE's content has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabodys, Golden Globes, Sundance Film Festival, George Polk, Scripps Howard, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, James Beard and Webbys, among others.
VICE x Team
The distribution group is housed within Vice Studios, Vice's feature film and television production division. VICE Studios is an international television and feature film production facility from VICE Media, encompassing the development, production, financing and distribution of multi-platform content for audiences globally. With outposts all over the world, VICE Studios produces quality scripted, entertainment and factual formats.
Role x You
Reporting to the SVP of Global Distribution this is a key role in helping to drive and execute an effective growth strategy across a specific territory footprint. Identify opportunities to sell new, returning and catalogue products to international broadcasters and platforms from Vice's broadcast, studio and digital first offering. Build and maintain close client relationships, provide market expertise and knowledge to various internal stakeholders.
In the short term
• Working with the SVP of Global Distribution to design, plan and execute sales strategies to broadcasters and digital platforms across your territories focusing on larger partnerships and packaging opportunities; ensuring all existing relationships are maintained whilst looking to develop new business opportunities to deliver maximum exploitation of all content.
• Be a key contact for all teams that we work with to deliver on our deals including Marketing, Production, Finance and Operations; ensure a collaborative and open approach to information sharing about our markets and business.
• Work with management to agree budget financials and strategy, and then deliver on that in each financial year.
But after 6 months in this role
• Support strategies and plans for all relevant TV Markets and territory trips including MipTV and MIPCOM and other local key markets in the territory - travel as required to develop and build relationships with new and existing clients.
• Establish and maintain 'best in industry' reputation with broadcasters, streamers and Ad supported channels to help ensure Vice is a priority partner for all our current and potential clients and respected by the wider distribution community.
And after a year
• Review and assess international potential of new content by providing feedback and sales projections. Provide input into overall distribution strategy including expert and current market feedback on titles, viable commercial targets for each project, and insight into local content trends.
• Devise pre-sales strategies for new content in production and/or source potential co-pro opportunities.
You have these:
• proven experience in content sales, including demonstrable examples of solid sales ability and delivering excellent results
• an established network of clients and contacts in all the key markets in the territory is essential
• specific and detailed knowledge of key broadcasters / platforms and their programming strategies, local market dynamics, rights / windows, emerging technologies, and local content trends
• organisational skills to coordinate the sophisticated windowing of content though multiple sales cycles, maximising the value from library, and managing the region's budget to deliver consistent growth
• strong internal stakeholder management skills
We'd love if you also had these:
• experience with factual pre-sales and/or co-production
• management experience
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they're here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.