Post Production Supervisor
New York, NY
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, CBS All Access, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
• Ensure that video assets are recorded, distributed and played out as planned.
• Route and monitor programming sources to appropriate channels
• Communicate clearly with Streaming producers to ensure that plans are understood and executed successfully.
• Verify that the ENPS Master rundown accurately reflects producers' editorial rundowns and programming plans; adjust Master rundown when needed; generate and execute playlists in our automated rundown/playout system, Crispin.
• Troubleshoot and work with engineers and producers to resolve technical and/or workflow issues; report maintenance and QC issues and ideate potential improvements for the overall process.
• Coordinate ingest of live feeds, and transfer of media, into CBSN's Avid ISIS server.
• Maintain working knowledge of master control, ingest, media management and LTO archiving operations.
• Work both independently and as a team member with a high degree of professionalism.
• Embrace a quick-changing, high pressure breaking news environment with proficiency in both judging and responding to competing priorities.
• Help test new infrastructure and technologies that impact our workflow and end-user experience.
• Seek constructive solutions and liaise between the editorial and technical teams across different verticals.
• Maintain a healthy and robust Avid ISIS media server.
• Stay on top of archiving our daily shows and 'Originals' documentaries.
• Stay up-to-date with new technologies as it pertains to media management, ingest, master control and archiving.
• Stay abreast of the current landscape of digital news and video content for the Web.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• A minimum of 3+ years experience in a live news environment, dealing with intense deadline pressures and continually reacting to breaking news
• Deep knowledge of Avid systems, including Avid ISIS , Avid Airspeed, Avid Command, Avid Media Composer, Avid Interplay, Avid Media Central and Avid MAM
• Solid experience with digital video capture technologies such as Avid Mojo DX, Kona AJA cards, Blackmagic Design routers
• Proficiency with AP's ENPS and Avid iNews
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills and must be able to communicate clearly and professionally
• The ability to work flexible hours, including overnights, holidays and weekends
You might also have -
• Expertise in Avid Media Composer/Newscutter and Avid Interplay
• Strong knowledge of LTO archiving and best practices
• Proficiency with Crispin playout server
• Solid experience with Quality Control in relation to audio and video for our live stream output