ViacomCBS Studios Production Assistant (Broadcast Production Assistant Apprenticeship Level 3)
Unleash your potential in a place you belong
Come and join a culture where content, people and ideas merge. An exciting and open place where your talents can truly thrive. Ready? This could be the start of something special.
At ViacomCBS, we have an iconic portfolio of brands, like Paramount, MTV, Nickelodeon, and many more - but it's our employees that make it unique. You could be the next addition to our incredible team.
Is this for you?
• Are you a good team player who is eager to learn and get stuck in?
• Do you have a good eye for detail?
• Are you a good at multitasking?
• Are you a recent school or college leaver not seeking to go to university?
• Are you able to commit to a 15-month programme starting in September 2021?
What is the role?
ViacomCBS International Studios UK (VIS) is the Bafta winning TV production arm of ViacomCBS in the UK. Our mission is to create great programmes in a variety of genres, and we have produced incredible content for Channel 5, MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon as well as several external television channels. You've probably heard about our shows! Cribs and Catfish UK to name just two. A key part of production is editing, aka post-production, and we are lucky to have a full facility within our HQ in Camden, London where (in normal circumstances) we edit most of our output.
This really is an exciting opportunity for someone to work and learn in a very busy environment, helping the team deliver high quality programming against very tight deadlines and budget demands. The role will be largely based within the post-production environment but will regularly interact with other production teams making and delivering content.
• You will handle labelling and registering of all assets accurately
• Work with the core team of Edit Assistants, sometimes in shifts, to keep all edits on track
• Working with the off-line editors to ensure they get everything they need in a timely fashion, to help avoid delays
• Helping the final post team deliver quality product against tight time deadlines
• Progressing to a more advanced knowledge of AVID in order to help deal with technical issues and problems
• Help to cut short taster tapes, and showreels sometimes with and sometimes without supervision
• Working across all aspects of picture and audio post, and final delivery
• Working within the divisions, helping to develop and produce a huge range of content
What are we looking for?
• A love for production and passionate about making good TV
• Basic AVID knowledge would be a huge advantage
• If you've dabbled with some editing in your free time, we'd love that
• A good problem solver or looks out for better ways to do things
• A real enthusiasm to learn, build relationships and get involved
• Enjoys working in a fast-paced fun environment and can adapt to changing requests
• Eager to work with people, in a team but also open to taking responsibility for tasks and able to be relied upon to take on tasks
• We take pride in maintaining and creating an inclusive culture, so we want you to be your true self in the role, work well with diverse teams and collaborative environments
• You'll get a lot of training, but you will need to have some basic IT skills like, Microsoft word/excel/PowerPoint/email
• First up, get your application in! Closing date is the 6th May 2021!
• You will hear back from us by end of May if we would like to progress you to 1st assessment stage! It's short and fun and you can do it on your phone.
• From here, you'll complete role specific assessments
• Finally – if you are successful from the testing stages you will be invited to an interview with us (virtually or in the office)
• If that goes well, then we could be saying welcome to the team!
Candidates who declared a disability and meet the minimum criteria will be invited to an interview - find out more about our inclusive culture at ViacomCBS.
We are sorry we cannot reply to all applications due to the volume we receive but if you have not heard from us, unfortunately you will not have been successful in progressing this time.
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You'll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we're doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you'd expect, and some you wouldn't
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
Optimism & Determination
• We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead
Inclusivity & Collaboration
• We Embrace new and diverse voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges
Agility & Adaptability
• We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what's next
Brand ViacomCBS Networks International
Function Production/Development/Talent & Casting
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d933oz-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.