Growth Manager, Product Marketing
New York, NY
Digital associate producers for the CBS Evening News are essential in making sure we identify, clip and treat every shareable moment from the broadcast and CBS News reporting. Their job is to sift out the best moments of content and ensure they get the best digital treatment possible, extending the reach of the CBS Evening News online. They will edit video captions, clip videos and work with the broader CBS News social team to translate stories for distribution on social media. They are also conduits between the digital and broadcast teams, fielding extra content, extended cuts and additional opportunities for us to use on-air talent for digital. The ideal candidate will be fluent in the best practices for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube, as demonstrated by his or her active social media profiles and portfolio of work. S/he must understand the most current content strategies utilized by these platforms and be equipped to create videos, articles, headlines and share language that best play to each of those platform's strategies. The candidate who ultimately fills this position will also be expected to look for new opportunities for the CBS Evening News to stay on top of emerging digital platforms and trends.
• 2+ years producing experience in a professional newsroom is preferred.
• Must have solid news judgment and experience in a breaking news environment.
• Strong understanding of the broadcast newsgathering process is preferred, basic knowledge is required.
• Must be a strong writer and proficient in AP style.
• Must have a meticulous attention to detail.
• Must be able to juggle and prioritize multiple responsibilities with different deadlines: short, medium, and long-term.
• Experience supporting newsgathering teams in the field using solid news judgment and leadership skills is a plus.
• Thrives in high-pressure and time-critical situations.
• Degree in broadcast journalism or related field is preferred.
• Passion for news, journalism, and storytelling is required.
• Must be willing to work extended hours or weekends, sometimes on short notice.