Head Of Brand, Communications and Franchise Management, Kids
London, United Kingdom
Who You Are!
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds, makes this a great place to work! We work hard but in a fun environment and seek to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment. If you're passionate about working with diverse teams, leading by example and simply being you at work, this is the place for you!
What is the role
We are looking for a Senior Category Manager softlines to join the ViacomCBS Consumer Products team. Based at our offices in Camden, and reporting into the Category Director UK & Ireland, this role's primary responsibilities include:
Lead and own the UK & Ireland ViacomCBS Softlines business
• Achieve/exceed CP revenue targets for the softlines categories
• Drive new revenue opportunities
• Lead negotiations and coordinate implementation of all licensing deals within relevant categories
• To represent ViacomCBS to our external partners
Principal Accountabilities Plan, develop and deliver the Softlines UK Consumer Products Strategy
• Achieve/exceed revenue targets set for softlines categories
• Responsible for the Softlines P&L, supporting the category director through budget planning and LRP
• Build 2-year strategic plan alongside category director and category manager by franchise and licensee to deliver revenue growth
• Align with retail and marketing teams to deliver revenue goals
• Identify gaps in category/licensee portfolios and target new partners to fill these
• Work with international counterparts to identify new market opportunities Financial Management
• Deliver annual sales target through management of forecasting process for softlines licensees, and tracking actual reported sales against forecast.
• Review forecasts and royalty report submissions with licensees on a quarterly basis, setting targets Legal & Contract Management
• Lead negotiations for softlines deals and input into Global/Regional deals from a UK perspective. Responsible for ensuring all rights are cleared before the deal closes Creative and Product Development
• Work closely with creative teams on product development and style guide interpretation. Identify creative needs for licensees and when immersion sessions are needed Account Management:
• Actively lead the licensee relationship ensuring engagement and alignment through joint business planning
• Identify priority licensees and ensure alignment with Category Director, Retail and Marketing teams in order to grow and improve the business
• Drive regular strategic meetings to ascertain retail listings, gaps, opportunities and risks.
• Review business models with licensees in renewals and/or new partner negotiations and run financial modelling
• Provide Category Director with regular updates on the state of the business
• Establish regular competitor analysis to understand size of competitor business, product category, retailer
• Identify new licensees to improve category growth improving white space opportunities Team & Culture:
• Demonstrate an expansive and collaborative mind-set when working with all partners
• Champion and promote the needs of licensees within broader ViacomCBS organization (UK and Global)
• Direct management of softlines category manager
What skills do you need
• Insightful and persuasive salesperson, able to identify commercial opportunities and align our brands to those opportunities.
• Strong Negotiator, able to optimise your success and profitability of deals
• Straight-talker and clear communicator both internally and externally. Both written and verbal.
• Conclusive decision maker, able to creatively problem seek to get to a solution fast.
• Financially literate, always happy to dig into numbers from the ground up. Clear understanding of licensee financials, forecast, range selections and delivery of budget numbers.
• Blue-sky problem solver. Able to build relevant measurable ideas that excite and galvanize licensees and drive revenues.
• Relationship builder. A reliable and responsive business partner. Always known to deliver what is needed on time and to the highest standard.
• Strong time management and organisation skills, able to optimally prioritise workload and increase efficiency
• Confident self-starter, tenacious and persistent
Whether you are a leader or hope to one day be, you will be a change maker by challenging the status quo, Lead with passion and purpose Drive collaboration and Lead with openness to individual differences and diverse perspectives.
What are our values - Bravery | Empathy | Honesty
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
What are our benefits
As well as being supported with your career goals Permanent and Fixed Term Contract employees will be entitled to:
• Private Medical Insurance after completing 3 months of employment
• Season Ticket Loan
• Cycle to work scheme
• TV Package Discount
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Discounted Gym Membership
• Discounts for Local Shops and Restaurants and Access to Reward Gateway
• We are happy to talk about flexible working
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and we take our responsibility in safeguarding children and adults seriously. We work hard to ensure that everyone with whom we engage receive equal protection from all types of harm or abuse, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity; an obligation we take very seriously. To ensure, we are an exemplar in the field of safeguarding individuals, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria of the role applied for and for those who are successful in receiving an offer for roles that interact with children, completed background checks will be required prior to joining.
Function Consumer Products/Licensing/Merchandising/Retail
Brand ViacomCBS Networks International