Overview and Responsibilities
We are looking for a Director of Employee Relations to join our team! This person will be a key member of the Employee Relations (ER)and Employment Law Department, responsible for investigating employment-related complaints. The position requires a complex multi-tasker, with a high level of EQ, integrity and discretion. This role, along with the whole ER team, is instrumental in providing a safe, secure culture at ViacomCBS, across all divisions, where employees are not hindered by any bias or behaviors that limit their potential success.
Our Director understands the sensitivity and urgency of issues they manage and the timely follow up that is required. Objectivity and consistency is their credo, and they are able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
Most importantly, our Director is COMMITTED. Committed to digging deep to uncover facts to evidence appropriate resolution and committed about emphasizing to all they encounter the importance of ViacomCBS' mission to CELEBRATE DIVERSITY, FOSTER INCLUSION AND BUILD BELONGING.
We currently have two openings for this role (one in NY and one in CA)
• At the direction of the Vice President, ER and guidance of Employment Counsel, you will investigate allegations of unlawful behavior and/or violations of Company policy in compliance with federal/local law and Company policy;
• Lead investigative process from beginning to end inclusive of complainant intakes, subject and witness interviews, and review/analysis of pertinent documentation;
• Composes documentation inclusive of closing correspondence, investigative recaps, and case summaries as required;
• Partners collaboratively with Legal, Labor, Security, and HR and updates stakeholders appropriately;
• Makes recommendations regarding potential disciplinary measures and/or coaching support based on investigative findings and consistent remediation efforts throughout Company divisions;
• Utilizes, manages and updates caseload regularly through the ER database management system;
• Identifiy issue trends and proactive solutions;
• Assists with responding to employee complaints with state, federal and local agencies and lawsuits;
• Partners with HR on training initiatives.
• Minimum 5+ years' experience investigating employment-related complaints;
• Minimum 5+ years' experience in an HR-role either as an Investigator and/or HR Generalist;
• Ability to travel within US and Canada (20%) when travel resumes.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Experience in a media/production environment a plus
• Excellent decision making, problem solving and analytical skills;
• High levels of integrity, discretion and emotional intelligence;
• Superior communication skills, both verbally and written;
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple cases simultaneously, exhibiting keen prioritization skills;
• Knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws as well as general Human Resource policy and procedures;
• Ability to handle highly sensitive matters with compassion and equity;
• Ability to position oneself with all staff as a credible and trusted partner.
Apply Here (https://viacomcbscareers-viacomcbs.icims.com/jobs/15812/director,-employee-relations/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in_iframe=1&hashed=-336148367)