• Exercise editorial judgment in selection of content.
• Write copy for anchor and reporter voices for live segments/readers as well as writing for feature and news packages.
• Research and write questions for anchors for guest segments.
• Write banners and quotes during breaking news.
• Pitch and complete special feature and recurring segments.
• Edit shows and stories as needed for all digital platforms
• 2 years of work experience in broadcast and digital.
• 1+ years of experience in the control room.
• A minimum of 1 year experience in a newsroom
• Basic video editing skills.
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, deal with strict deadlines and react to breaking news with smart programming and creative storytelling.
• Strong communication skills to work optimally with different departments.
• Familiarity and working knowledge of digital video production-related techniques and online content management.
• Knowledge about social media and the competitive digital news environment.
• Familiarity with Inews and Crispin systems
• Available early mornings, overnights, weekends and holidays, as we are a 24-hour streaming service
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz6z17-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.