JOB OPPORTUNITY – PEOPLE, INCLUSION & CULTURE COORDINATOR
(12 MONTH CONTRACT)
Closing Date: July 14, 2021
The UMC team is currently working from home due to the global pandemic and plans on going back into the office in 2021. You must be comfortable working in a virtual/remote environment.
Universal Music Canada is Canada's leading music company, engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content. Home to the most comprehensive catalogue of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMC is committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship in broadening opportunities for our artists on both the domestic and world stages as well as creating new experiences for fans.
Universal Music Canada is part of Universal Music Group, the world leader in music-based entertainment.
We are searching for creative, innovative and passionate people to join our team. If you love music and got excited just thinking about joining this amazing organization, we would love to meet you!
Reporting to the Vice President, People, Inclusion & Culture, you would be responsible for supporting the team with departmental administrative support as well as managing job applications, coordinating meetings, preparing job postings, and acting as a liaison between People, Inclusion & Culture (PIC) and employees, ensuring smooth communication and providing a great employee experience. You'd own important initiatives such as the Service Awards and the Internship Program, with amazing opportunities to get involved in every aspect of PIC. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, reliable and dedicated. Above all, we are looking for someone enthusiastic and energetic, that really loves PIC and that wants to positively impact the employee experience and have fun!
• Support the development and ongoing maintenance of PIC and Equity, Diversity & Inclusion programs, services and initiatives including, but not limited to; updating and maintaining training records, coordinating training initiatives, assist with updating PIC policies, prepare documents for PIC matters, process invoices and expenses, etc.
• Play a key role in the implementation of new HR processes and workflows and seek continuous improvements to optimize process efficiency.
• Supports various PIC projects including scheduling project meetings, tracking timelines and reporting on project deliverables.
• Document management of digital and hard copy filing, databases and related PIC records management and systems to ensure reports, forms, and other documentation are readily available.
• Assist with the recruiting process, including preparing job postings, screening incoming resumes, and preparing offer letters.
• Act as a resource to all employees concerning general PIC Policies, Procedures and Inquiries.
• Responsible for the new employee on-boarding process such as drafting of employment contracts, distributing and collecting new hire forms, liaising with Payroll/IT, and creating and maintaining employee files, performing reference checks, etc., as well as employee off boarding.
• Assist PIC team in the development and establishment of PIC administration guides, resources and other tools.
• Responsible for leave management working with key stakeholders to ensure employee leaves (including maternity leaves, disability, workplace injury and unpaid leaves) are processed and documented correctly.
• Assist with the transition of current HRIS and information tracking to Workday.
• Input and maintain employee records in Workday such as terminations and compensation changes, ensuring it is up-to-date and accurate at all times.
• Provide user support to managers and staff for Workday self-service queries.
• Manage PIC SharePoint site.
• Liaise with pension & benefits carriers to enroll new hires, answer employee questions and manage changes.
• Manage Employee Service Award Program.
• Executive support for the VP, PIC including managing agenda, scheduling, booking travel, expense processing, etc.
• Prepare reports and PIC metrics and is responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual HR compliance requirements.
• Assist in the development of new PIC initiatives and additional duties, project participation, support & responsibilities as assigned.
• Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in HR/PIC or related experience. CHRP designation (or working towards a CHRP) preferred
• 1 – 2 years of relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Knowledge of Employment Standards Legislation in Ontario and throughout Canada is preferred
• Experience with Workday and [email protected] are definite assets
• Professional demeanor in dealing with confidential and highly sensitive information
• Excellent organization, planning and priority setting skills with strong ability to multi-task
• Motivated self-starter
• Team player
• HR administrative and project support experience
• Familiarity with HR processes and best practices
• Proficiency in MSOffice (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and DocuSign
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to liaise with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
• Responsible, reliable, proven strong contributor to a busy team that values excellent relationship management
• Passionate about people, music and culture
Please apply before July 14, 2021
Universal Music Canada is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion, and strongly welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous Peoples, black people, people of colour, women, persons with disabilities, people who are LGBTQIA2S+, and people from other diverse communities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6n979-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.