Universal Music Group
New York, NY
Universal Music Group is currently looking for a Marketing Assistant to support the Marketing Department. The ideal candidate will have experience working within the music/entertainment field in a supporting role and be able to multi-task and prioritize.
This exciting role requires superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to meet tight deadlines and to juggle multiple critical requests. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is important. Must be very efficient and highly attuned to the smallest of details, as well as being able to multi-task and work on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment is crucial. No task is too small and no challenge too great. A ''can-do'' attitude is essential.
How you'll CREATE:
• The Marketing Assistant will serve the marketing team in all its administrative duties.
• These tasks include but are not limited to answering a high volume of calls, scheduling meetings, submitting expense reports and coordinating business travel for Product Managers.
• They will work directly with the marketing managers to update artist one-sheets and other artist records on a daily and weekly basis.
• The role will also involve several financial aspects of marking admin including processing invoices and rush forms, wire forms, routing VRA forms, and maintaining budget grids.
• The assistant will also maintain in-office inventory of artist merch and handle merch shipping.
• This role will also involve assisting event coordination for showcases, listening events, etc. and artist travel.
• Candidate must be detail-oriented, well-organized and able to work at a fast pace.
• Administrative and Microsoft Office experience required.
Bring your VIBE:
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of our company at all levels including Senior Management
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of companies with which we do business
• Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
• Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
• Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task under pressure
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Strong proficiency and working knowledge of Mac and PC experience (proficiency in MS Word & Excel, PowerPoint); Very strong typing skills
• Internet savvy
• Ability to handle confidential information
• Able to work in a very fast and energetic environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required
• Must also demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to manage multiple assignments under tight deadlines
• Degree qualified or equivalent experience
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3v399-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.