Our commitment to innovation extends to our first-class People, Inclusion and Culture team, which is currently seeking a Coordinator, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging. The Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging team (DIBs) serves as a guiding force for authenticity and connection within Universal Music. We're a community of creatives brought together by music, growing our DIBs programs across the globe. This is a great opportunity to play a central role in the further development, drive and communication of our holistic DIBs strategy. You will help broaden and deepen our organization's focus on Increasing representation; Fostering a culture of belonging; Activating multicultural audiences; Driving economic inclusion; Engaging new social impact partners; and Inspiring everyday innovation.
How you'll CREATE:
• Partner with Talent Acquisition to build partnerships with diverse professional organizations to recruit early, mid-career, and seasoned talent that allow us to better reflect the diversity of our core audiences, artists, and songwriters.
• Partner with Senior Director, DIBs and People Experience on execution of early career programming targeting untapped communities.
• Partner with Senior Director, DIBs on execution of Artist, Songwriter, Producer Services development and execution.
• Partner with Senior Director, DIBs in providing resources, tools and best practices to global colleagues and creating reports and templates for DIBs representation data strategy.
• Manage ERG expenses through Uniport.
• Manage and track DIBs department spending against budget.
• Own and execute vendor payouts including, but not limited to, invoices, contracts, payment processing, etc.
• Assist with planning, logistics, and design support of DIBs cultural moments programming and other key events.
• Create a contact list for all existing vendors and those under consideration.
• Provide support to the rest of the DIBs team as needed
Bring your VIBE:
• 2+ years administrative experience, understanding of DE&I initiatives, and programing
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of the company at all levels including Senior Management
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with external partners and clients
• High attention to detail, excellent follow-through, problem-solving and organizational skills
• Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
• Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
• Fluent in email marketing tools - Constant Contact, Contact Monkey etc.
• Experience with Photoshop, Canva
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0m1mm-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.