Coordinator, Business Operations, Film and TV
BUSINESS AFFAIRS COORDINATOR (12 MONTH CONTRACT)
JOB OPPORTUNITY – COORDINATOR , BUSINESS AFFAIRS
(12 MONTH CONTRACT)
Closing Date: November 13 , 20 20
The UMC team is currently working from home due to the global pandemic and plans on going back into the office in 2021. You must be comfortable working in a virtual/remote environment.
Universal Music Canada is Canada's leading music company, engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content. Home to the most comprehensive catalogue of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMC is committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship in broadening opportunities for our artists on both the domestic and world stages as well as creating new experiences for fans.
Universal Music Canada is part of Universal Music Group, the world leader in music-based entertainment.
W e are searching for creative, innovative and passionate people to join our team. If you got excited just thinking about joining this amazing organization, we would love to meet you!
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Business Affairs , you'd be r esponsible for the management of all administrative matters relating to the Business Affairs department – which consists of both the Legal team and the Synchronization team. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, reliable, dedicated and has a passion for music. Above all, we are looking for someone enthusiastic and energetic , that strives to produce great work!
• Manage all administrative matters relating to the Legal and Synchronization teams , including communications, correspondence and filing.
• O rganiz e , prepar e and review contracts (including all music contracts and synchronization contracts) and open / clos e files and invoicing .
• Be the liaison between the department and certain music industry organizations (such as Music Canada and C anadian Federation of Musicians ) as well as all departments within Universal Music Canada.
• Assist Synchronization team with music clearances.
• A rrang e meetings , coordinate signatures and prepar e expense reports .
• Maint ain the contract calendar including the population and notification of key dates from a variety of contracts as well as notification to relevant parties of expiration and payment due dates.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Organized, reliable, and prompt, with a professional demeanor in dealing with confidential and highly sensitive information .
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize various tasks within the department.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Motivated, enthusiastic team player who takes initiative.
• Highly proficient in MS Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook ).
• Ability to adapt to new technologies and programs .
• Attention to detail , thoroughness and accuracy is a must .
Please apply before November 13 , 20 20
Universal Music Canada is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion, and strongly welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous Peoples, people of colour , women, persons with disabilities, people who are LGBTQ2S+, and people from other diverse communities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.