United Talent Agency is committed to building high performance data and application platforms by utilizing the most effective cutting-edge technology we can. UTA's Engineering Team's mission is to use Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methods to create a sustainable and secure pipeline in delivering solutions to its business stakeholders. We do this by continuously analyzing areas of improvement and identifying areas of opportunity to automate, secure and codify our environment.
The Vice President of Data Infrastructure's role is to design, plan, monitor, and improve the organization's Data Management functions. The central objective of this role is to ensure that the organization's Data Management disciplines are running effectively, and meeting the business's needs regarding data. With the growing push of data and information being used as corporate assets, serving as integral platforms for generating revenue and competitive advantages, a VP of Data must be able to understand both the technical points of Data Management, as well as the business drivers and needs regarding data. This individual must be able to understand the ''bits and the bytes'' related to the organization's Data Management and develop a strategic plan for the technical space considering the business's perspective and needs.
The salary range for this role is $270,000 to $300,000 commensurate with experience and skills.
What You Will Do
Strategy & Planning
• Participate in strategic and operational governance processes of the business as a member of the senior management team.
• Lead strategic and operational planning for the organization's Data Management practices, focusing on meeting business needs and requirements through data functions.
• Identify opportunities for the organization to further leverage data and improve its economic, competitive, and operational positioning.
• Develop and maintain the organizational structure of the organization's Data Management team.
• Create and manage the organization's data strategy.
• Establish Data Management goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
• Identify cost savings and process improvement opportunities for the Data Management team and the greater business.
• Understand and manage the IT side of the organization's data analytics operations.
• Review and monitor the organization's data related technology procurements and resourcing.
• Develop business justifications and cost: benefit analysis for data related spending and initiatives.
• Understand and monitor the regulatory and security requirements for data related to the industry in which the organization operates; ensuring compliance and proper protection occurs.
• Understand the different business requirements for data (marketing, finance, operations, etc.).
• Lead management reviews and opportunity assessment processes that identify improvement opportunities related to: process efficiency, cost savings, business model expansion, and competitive advantages.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders from the business and other sources to define business and process requirements for new technology.
• Approve, prioritize, and control projects and the project portfolio related to Data Management.
• Review hardware and software acquisitions related to data assets.
• Assess and review the new technology opportunities related to Data Management (e.g. the Cloud), and how these will impact the organization's Data Management operations.
• Ensure continuous delivery of data services, through oversight of service level agreements and performance targets.
• Oversee the end-to-end management of the organization's data assets (data lifecycle, information lifecycle).
• Ensure data system operations adhere to regulatory compliance standards.
• Ensure data assets in the organization are managed in a secure manner, adhering to security and privacy requirements.
• Keep current with trends and issues within the Data Management space, adapting and transforming the business's Data Management process and technologies to support further business growth and opportunities.
• Establish controls for ensuring efficient and effective data management functions are performed.
What You Will Need
• University degree in the field of computer science or business administration. Master's degree in one of these fields preferred.
• 5+ years' experience managing and/or directing a Data Management operation or team.
• 10+ years' experience working in the Data Management and information Management spaces.
• Extensive experience with corporate Data Governance.
• Experience in strategic planning and initiative designs.
• Experience or knowledge of the data requirements for Media and Entertainment
• Strong technical knowledge related to the IT space, particularly in the technology assets related to the business's IT operations.
• Strong understanding of how different departments (marketing, finance, operations, etc.) will have different data uses and requirements.
• Proven experience in Data Management planning, organization and development.
• Strong understanding of project management.
• Knowledge and experience of DAMA DMBOK and the different disciplines of Data Management.
• Excellent interpersonal and management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Self-motivated and action oriented.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Keen attention to detail.
What You Will Get
• Have a meaningful and positive impact on the productivity of our colleagues and clients
• Be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and independent decision making
• Be challenged to identify, build, test, and deploy solutions in real-life, not in theory
• Be encouraged to innovate and take ownership
• Be given the opportunity to rapidly accelerate your security, technology, and management skills
• Have the freedom to experiment with novel problem-solving approaches
• Contribute to all security-related initiatives - both tactical and strategic
• Be exposed to emerging security and business technologies
• Have access to best-in-class tooling and people
• Grow and learn on the job, every day
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies
• Access to the tools, leadership, and resources you will need to create and drive a center of excellence
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career
• Work in an inclusive and diverse company culture
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjp0xe-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.