Associate, Strategy and Corporate Development
United Talent Agency
Los Angeles, CA
UTA seeks an experienced manager to join its Cash Management team. The Cash Management Manager will be responsible for determining cash requirements, client deposits and disbursements, client loans and maintaining overall cash flow. The Cash Management Manager will be responsible for working closely with Sales Operations on timely disbursements. This role will monitor transactions, including the approval of payments and handling wire transfers. The Cash Management Manager will establish and monitor quality metrics and continuously seek improvements across all cash processes.
On a day-to-day basis the Cash Management Manager will oversee account administration and manage performance of other staff including Cash Receipts and Client Payments Representatives. The Cash Management Manager will supervise 3-5 direct reports.
What You Will Do
• Control all incoming deposits and ensure accurate designation of incoming funds for the Cash Team
• Disperse cash at UTA adequately and determine cash requirements
• Approve Payments and coordinate with the Sales Ops manager as necessary to ensure payments are applied to the correct bookings
• Oversee account administration coupled with receiving and handling outgoing wire transfers
• Serve as a point person for all Client payment situations such as re-issues, refunds, loans and other Client-unique situations
• Oversee and manage clients funds and ensuring that their payments are in sync with legal and tax requirements.
• Liaise with clients and agents directly on cash matters, banking, payment support and any account questions/concerns they may have.
• Troubleshoot payments and execute reversals/refund transactions with accuracy and completeness while taking into account revenue recognition standards
• Coordinate with counterparts at other companies as necessary to ensure funds are received
• Provide regular reporting to GL team to facilitate forecasting, collections, and insights into cash performance
• Coordinate with the Cash Management team as necessary to ensure payments are applied to the correct booking
• Manage day to day performance of Cash Receipts and Client Payments Representatives (3-5 Cash Representatives)
• Provide exceptional customer service to agents and other stakeholders
• Understand accrual accounting, contracts administration, and systems to identify opportunities to improve the cash process
• Build long-term relationships based on trust and confidentiality
• Assist with ad hoc requests
What you Will Need
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field strongly preferred
• 5+ years of relevant Cash Management experience
• Certified Treasury Professionals (CTP) a plus
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to handle very high volume of transactions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Solid relationship-building skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels (including management).
• High-energy level and a strong work ethic. Self-starter with the ability to work independently but also collaboratively.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and excellent organization skills.
• Demonstrate ability to create processes and procedures while working in a very fast-paced environment.
• Strong understanding of fundamental of accounting principles (Ex. Revenue Recognition)
• Previous experience managing a team
• Entertainment experience preferred
• Prior experience in a customer service focused role a plus
• Self-motived and tenacious; to be successful, the role requires persistence and follow-up
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office products; exceptional skills in Excel.
• Experience with financial & enterprise systems such as Netsuite.
What You Will Get
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies
• Access to the tools, leadership, and resources you will need to create and drive a center of excellence
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career
• Work in an inclusive and diverse company culture
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being
UTA is one of the world's leading talent and entertainment companies. We help the world's most inspiring people make the world a more inspiring place. Many of our colleagues spend their careers here. It's one of the reasons UTA is considered among the entertainment industry's best places to work.
At UTA, the belief in the client relationship is paramount and marked by respect, a sense of stewardship, and a commitment to an artist's entire creative life. Our commitment to every employee is the same.
For more information: https://www.unitedtalent.com/about/
UTA and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1o6w-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.
Leading global talent and entertainment company United Talent Agency represents many of the most acclaimed figures across film, television, news, music, sports, theater, fine art, literature, video games, podcasts and other social and digital content.