UTA seeks an experienced Finance Operations Manager to join its Sales Operations (SOP) team in the Finance & Accounting department. The SOP Manager will be assigned a UTA department and will serve as the point person for all accounting issues related to that department. The SOP Manager will be responsible for working closely with agents and assistants to capture timely and accurate booking information in a GAAP-compliant accounting environment.
On a day-to-day basis, this role will enter new client bookings, review and modify existing bookings as necessary to reflect updated performance dates, meet with Agents/Assistants on a routine basis, and provide reporting to Agents to facilitate forecasting and collections. The SOP Manager will establish and monitor quality metrics and continuously seek improvement in the process of tracking client bookings. The SOP Manager will supervise 1-2 direct reports.
What You'll Do
• Meet with assigned agents regularly (1-2 times per month) and their assistants weekly to ensure complete and accurate booking data and reports
• Oversee and manage 1-2 direct reports to ensure client payments are processed quickly and accurately and in compliance with all legal and tax requirements.
• Liaise with clients and agents directly on invoices, statements, debits, tax matters, and any account questions/concerns they may have.
• Enter and maintain client bookings and review data for accuracy and completeness while taking into account revenue recognition standards
• Coordinate with counterparts at other companies as necessary to complete booking details
• Provide regular reporting to agents to facilitate forecasting, collections, and insights into client performance
• Coordinate with the Cash Management team as necessary to ensure payments are applied to the correct booking
• Provide exceptional customer service to agents and other stakeholders
• Understand accrual accounting, contracts administration, and systems to identify opportunities to improve the client booking process
• Build long-term relationships based on trust and confidentiality
• Assist with ad hoc requests
What You Need
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field strongly preferred
• Minimum 4+ years of relevant Big 4/Mid-Tier CPA firm, Accounting and/or Finance experience
• Solid relationship-building skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels, including management
• High-energy level and a strong work ethic. Self-starter with the ability to work independently but also collaboratively.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to create processes and procedures while working in a very fast-paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong understanding of fundamental accounting principles (Ex. Revenue Recognition)
• Previous experience managing a team
• Entertainment experience preferred
• Prior experience in a customer service focused role a plus
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office products; exceptional skills in Excel.
• Experience with financial & enterprise systems such as NetSuite
What You'll Get
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies.
• Access to the tools, leadership and resources you'll need to create and drive a center of excellence
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career
• Work out of an amazing office – that happens to house one of the top modern art collections in the world
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being
UTA is one of the world's leading talent and entertainment companies. We help the world's most inspiring people make the world a more inspiring place. Many of our colleagues spend their careers here. It's one of the reasons UTA is considered among the entertainment industry's best places to work. At UTA, the belief in the client relationship is paramount and marked by respect, a sense of stewardship, and a commitment to an artist's entire creative life. Our commitment to every employee is the same. UTA seeks the innovators, the entrepreneurs, the talented, the creative, the thoughtful and, the passionate, who share our love for the work all of us are privileged to do. For more information: https://www.unitedtalent.com/about/
UTA and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89q09-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.