UTA, an S-Corp structure, is seeking a Director of Tax in our Los Angeles office. The primary responsibilities for this role include the coordination and execution for all aspects of tax reporting as well as the coordination with our external tax service on the preparation of federal, state, and international tax filings. The ideal candidate is a team player who manages the tax function, develop and implement tax plans, and works with the accounting and leadership teams to identify opportunities for process improvement and potential areas of risk. This individual will support the Chief Accounting Officer in all manners relevant to the maintenance of the tax function.
What You Will Do
• Facilitate and manage the preparation and review the Company's federal tax returns, as currently performed by the UTA external service provider
• Ensure timely and accurate filings of consolidated federal, state, and local income tax returns and other business-related filings
• Responsible for the dissemination of tax-information primarily via Form K-1 to the Company's various partners and tax advisors
• Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in the Company's tax procedures
• Identify, develop, and implement strategic tax planning for all necessary federal and state taxes
• Coordinate with the outside service provider as they prepare components of the Company's federal income tax return and other tax documents
• Plan and develop overall return calendar and coordinate timing with the external tax team.
• Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process
• Manage the preparation of responses and communicational along with the external service provider all IRS and state income tax notices, and tax audits
• Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management to create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation
• Provide support with various internal audits and special tax related projects
• Facilitate the data gathering necessary for the tax returns and quarterly/yearly tax projections
What You Will Need
• 6+ years of relevant accounting experience; 3+ years of public accounting experience (Big 4 experience a plus)
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance; an MBTax strongly preferred
• CPA required
• Thorough understanding of US partnership tax, with a basis understanding of individual/corporation taxation.
• Ability to research technical tax issues
• The ability to facilitate the preparation of tax technical accounting memos
• Ability to communicate tax technical subjects to others with varying degrees of tax knowledge.
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
• Excellent analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Proficiency with the following software/tools is a plus:
• Skills and experience with Word, Outlook, Excel.
• Familiarity with RIA Checkpoint, and BNA
What You Will Get
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies
• Access to the tools, leadership, and resources you will need to create and drive a center of excellence
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career
• Work in an inclusive and diverse company culture
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being
UTA is one of the world's leading talent and entertainment companies. We help the world's most inspiring people make the world a more inspiring place. Many of our colleagues spend their careers here. It is one of the reasons UTA is considered among the entertainment industry's best places to work. At UTA, the belief in the client relationship is paramount and marked by respect, a sense of stewardship, and a commitment to an artist's entire creative life. Our commitment to every employee is the same. For more information: https://www.unitedtalent.com/about/
UTA and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4xqqz-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.