United Talent Agency seeks a results-driven Director, Investments & Fund Accounting responsible for the leading the investment accounting for our global talent agency through a period of tremendous growth and beyond. Reporting to the Global Controller based in Los Angeles, this role will be responsible for providing best in class accounting processes and systems as UTA invests in and develops new businesses as the Company continues to diversify its operations. To be successful in this role, you will have experience of working with limited partnerships, special purpose vehicles and joint ventures while acting as a liaison between the accounting team and the world of ventures. You will work cross functionally throughout the deal lifecycle and must be able to effectively collaborate with and influence key partners and stakeholders such as UTA Ventures, Global Controller's office, Technical Accounting, Legal and other key stakeholders. This role will continue its interaction with the investments well after the deal lifecycle by preparing and delivering the financial results, manage investor and partner relations, and oversee the required audits and tax compliance aspects of certain funds.
What You Will Do
• Drive all aspects of the capitalization table and the general ledger for the limited partnerships, venture fund, special purpose vehicles, and direct investments
• Act as a liaison between the accounting/finance team and the investments/ventures team from the initiation of the deal lifecycle through potential sale events and annual accounting cycle
• Oversee the deal structure and financial operations for all complex transactions such as business combinations, investments, equity valuation, technical accounting treatment of venture investments, etc.
• Memorialize all material transactions including the accounting treatment under generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
• Ensure the investment remains in compliance with its operating agreement (if applicable)
• Work closely with the Company's investment team to evaluate and manage changes to the capitalization table and the impact to the related tax/compliance related deliverables
• Assist with the integration of acquired businesses to corporate accounting policies and systems
• Provide guidance to Corporate Accounting team regarding quarterly and annual financial reporting requirements and disclosures
• Participate in month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes, as needed
• Serve as a company-wide venture accounting resource for ad-hoc questions and initiatives
What You Will Need
• Minimum 10+ total years of relevant accounting experience which includes investment and fund accounting, monthly close, complex Technical Accounting research along with experience in attestation in public accounting (Big 4 experience a plus)
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
• CPA preferred
• Thorough understanding of US GAAP and the ability to research technical issues (US GAAP and IFRS)
• Experience with comprehending investment deal flow and interpreting accounting methodology a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
• Experience with Netsuite and/or QuickBooks is preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
What You Will Get
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies.
• Access to the tools, leadership, and resources you will need to create and drive a center of excellence.
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career.
• Work in an inclusive and diverse company culture
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being.
CPA - California Board of Accountancy
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1zwwe-18-207-157-152-42 in your application.