Manager, Accounting Sales Operations
United Talent Agency
Los Angeles, CA
United Talent Agency seeks an experienced Chief Accounting Officer (CAO) who will be responsible for the leadership and execution of the company's global accounting function, including ensuring all financial, accounting, and tax systems are in regulatory compliance. The CAO will also be responsible for identifying opportunities to create more efficient processes, improve and enforce internal policies and controls, and best position the company as the financial and tax regulatory environment evolves.
In addition to overseeing all accounting, internal controls, and tax strategy for the organization, the CAO will also play a critical role in the execution of new business opportunities for the company. Specifically, the individual will be responsible for evaluating the potential accounting implications for all M&A activity, including oversight of all accounting and tax diligence, and will lead financial integrations. The ideal candidate will be a motivated, seasoned executive with significant M&A experience and a demonstrated track record of success. This position will report to the Chief Financial Officer. This role is based in Los Angeles.
Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted from recruiters or search firms.
What You Will Do
• Oversee the accounting function to ensure compliance with US GAAP and local, state, and federal regulatory bodies.
• Evaluate current accounting practices and policies to ensure practices and financial reporting are continuously improving and are positioned meet current and future requirements.
• Oversee the preparation of all financial reporting, including an annual audit and acquisition earn-out calculations.
• Enforce expense policy and lead development of internal controls; enhance and automate control processes through system and process improvements.
• Oversee all tax planning, including forecasting tax distributions and estimates of taxable income, as well as preparation of all tax filings, including issuance of K-1s to all UTA Partners and third-party investors.
• Establish productive working relationships with the company's executive leadership team and functional leaders throughout the company.
• Communicate regularly with senior management and the board's audit committee, both in writing and verbally
• Lead strategic initiatives of the company involving accounting and tax strategy / compliance.
• Work closely with the FP&A team to ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting.
• Serve on UTA's 401(k) Committee.
What You Will Need
• 12+ years of experience operating in a similar role, preferably within a large, global organization with a minimum of 5 years as a corporate controller or CAO.
• Active CPA designation required.
• Bachelor's degree required with an advanced degree strongly preferred.
• Expertise with US GAAP required, familiarity with IFRS preferred.
• Strong grasp of complex accounting concepts balanced with operational and business understanding.
• Analytical, strategic, and forward-thinking approach.
• Ability to develop and implement tax planning strategies and ensure regulatory compliance.
• Strong leadership and people management skills required; the ideal candidate is a positive, highly-motivated leader with a track record of recruiting and developing strong talent.
• Effective at presenting information and responding to questions from management.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with S-Corp structures preferred.
• Experience using and managing accounting and budget/planning systems (NetSuite) preferred.
• Prior experience within the Entertainment industry a plus.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to prepare high-quality presentation materials and explain complicated accounting details and concepts.
• Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to work closely with leaders across all UTA departments.
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
What You Will Get
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies.
• Access to the tools, leadership, and resources you will need to create and drive a center of excellence.
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career.
• Work in an inclusive and diverse company culture
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being.
UTA is one of the world's leading talent and entertainment companies. We help the world's most inspiring people make the world a more inspiring place. Many of our colleagues spend their careers here. It's one of the reasons UTA is considered among the entertainment industry's best places to work.
At UTA, the belief in the client relationship is paramount and marked by respect, a sense of stewardship, and a commitment to an artist's entire creative life. Our commitment to every employee is the same.
For more information: https://www.unitedtalent.com/about/
UTA and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities.
UTA is not accepting submissions from recruiters for this role. You will not be compensated in any way for your submission to a position not approved for recruiters or search firms. Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted from recruiters or search firms
CPA - California Board of Accountancy
Leading global talent and entertainment company United Talent Agency represents many of the most acclaimed figures across film, television, news, music, sports, theater, fine art, literature, video games, podcasts and other social and digital content.