Business Affairs Executive
New York, NY
UTA seeks a talented and highly-motivated attorney to add to its business affairs department in the NYC office. This position will review and negotiate deals for UTA's Book/Audio Publishing divisions.
What You'll Do
• Responsible for handling and tracking Publishing projects on a day to day basis. This includes negotiating development/attachment agreements, license agreements, collaboration agreements, co-production agreements, talent agreements, format licenses, distribution agreements, and various contractor and vendor agreements from start to finish
• Act as an entrepreneurial business partner with and provide decision-making support and guidance on strategy in deal making to UTA agents and executives
• Foster positive long-term internal business client and external client relationships
What You'll Need
• JD from an ABA accredited law school
• Admitted to NY Bar
• Minimum 3 years of transactional legal experience, with at least 2 of those years spent working on Publishing specific deals
• Experience in drafting and negotiating book publishing agreements
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will enable him/her to interact with a range of personalities and styles in a fast-paced business environment and to work effectively with people at many different levels (including agents, senior executives, executives/business affairs, artists, other attorneys, and in-house client divisions); have an effective problem-solving approach; excellent drafting and analytical skills; be well-organized; and have a strong work ethic
• An upbeat temperament, dynamic personality and highly team-oriented approach to work is necessary
• Work with a highly collaborative Publishing team that connects clients with opportunities in print, digital, and audio publishing
• The team has consistently grown their audiences, creating owned content while enhancing their brands
• UTA publishing has represented hundreds of major New York Times Best Sellers and continues to identify a diverse slate of new voices
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmk3v3-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Leading global talent and entertainment company United Talent Agency represents many of the most acclaimed figures across film, television, news, music, sports, theater, fine art, literature, video games, podcasts and other social and digital content.