UTA seeks an experienced Associate, Cash Collections to join its Client Trust Accounting (CTA) team. The Associate, Cash Collections will oversee the collection activities of UTA. On a day-to-day basis, this role will manage collection of invoices and lead internal and external financial functions while working with clients, agents, and accounting staff. The Associate, Cash Collections will establish and monitor quality metrics and continuously seek improvement in the process of invoicing and receiving of payment. The Associate, Cash Collections will work with the collections team and be responsible for implementing processes and procedures for the team.
What You Will Do
• Monitor accounts receivable (aging and pursuing collections) and work with Sales Operations to research account disputes and billing discrepancies
• Create and implement procedures to improve the number of successful collections, including engaging a Collection Agency to follow through on all collection efforts
• Frequently connect with staff members to ensure accurate invoicing and timely follow-up with clients
• Liaise with agents and assistants directly to ensure we are properly following-up on all bookings they have deemed significant
• Respond to invoicing inquiries from external and internal clients and properly engage sales operations and the internal invoicing team
• Identify delinquent accounts, bad debt or financial exposure and implement process for write-offs (GAAP environment)
• Suggest improvements to policies and procedures to all collections matters (ex. Setting standards for communications with clients, collection agency, etc).
• Oversee and manage staff members on the collections team and guide them to ensure that we are properly following up on all significant collections on a consistent monthly basis
• Prepare feedback reports and analyze data pertaining to company collections while providing exceptional customer service to agents and other stakeholders
• Build long-term relationships based on trust and confidentiality
• Monitor buyer and client cash collections (fees, commissions, profit participations and other receipts)
• Coordinate with the Cash Management team as necessary to ensure payments are applied to the correct booking
• Assist with special projects and ad-hoc requests
What You Will Need
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field strongly preferred
• 4+ years of relevant Accounting and/or Finance experience
• Solid relationship-building skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels (including management).
• Understand accrual accounting, contracts administration, and systems to identify opportunities to improve the collections process
• High-energy level and a strong work ethic. Self-starter with the ability to work independently but also collaboratively.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to create processes and procedures while working in a very fast-paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (really strong on maintaining client relationships)
• Strong understanding of fundamental accounting principles (Ex. Bad Debt)
• Previous experience managing a team
• Entertainment experience preferred
• Prior experience in a customer service focused role a plus
• Self-motived and tenacious; to be successful, the role requires persistence and follow-up
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office products; exceptional skills in Excel.
• Experience with financial & enterprise systems such as Netsuite.
What You Will Get
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies
• Access to the tools, leadership, and resources you will need to create and drive a center of excellence
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career
• Work in an inclusive and diverse company culture
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being
UTA is one of the world's leading talent and entertainment companies. We help the world's most inspiring people make the world a more inspiring place. Many of our colleagues spend their careers here. It's one of the reasons UTA is considered among the entertainment industry's best places to work.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zonj-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.