Founded in 2005 and with a team of over 600 creative, passionate and innovative talents, Ubisoft Quebec is now one of the leaders in the industry. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, our studio assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey as well as Immortals Fenyx Rising, and is now developing Assassin's Creed Codename RED.
As a VFX Artist at Ubi Quebec, you will deliver visually impressive moments that positively influence gameplay and enhance the player experience. Be it smoke, fire, an explosion, falling snow, or a waterfall, every one of your effects accents the immersive game world – and often has people wondering, ''How did you do that?''
As a tech-savvy artist, you combine technology and creativity to make the magic happen. You can adapt to a variety of tools while relying on your core talent to create and integrate impactful, high quality, real-time visual effects.
What you'll do
• Collaborate with the core team to understand the overall creative vision and establish visual effect priorities;
• Create environment and cinematic effects using particle systems and textures you produce;
• Partner with programmers to assess needs and develop tools;
• Work within technical constraints to craft attractive and functional effects;
• Integrate your created VFX into the engine;
• Develop effects based on play test results and comments from cross-functional team members (debug and optimize);
• Adapt to feedback received from the community after live launch (in some cases), balancing expectations with limitations.
What you bring
• A diploma in Visual Effects, 3D Animation, or equivalent (undergraduate degree an asset);
• Experience in modelling, texturing, lighting, image processing, or related experience;
• Knowledge of 2D art tools (e.g. Photoshop), compositing software (e.g. After Effects or Nuke), 3D software (e.g. Maya or 3DS Max), and game editors (e.g. Unity or Unreal) *
• An understanding of basic vector math and art fundamentals (lighting, composition, proportion, colour theory, etc.);
• Ability to accept feedback and adapt to it;
• A creative and collaborative spirit;
• Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills;
• A keen eye for detail.
*Knowledge of procedural generation software (e.g. Houdini) & shader writing and optimization a huge plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gknj4k-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams