As a technical architect at Ubisoft Montreal, you will build and maintain a technology ecosystem that facilitates the work of production teams so that they can invest their time and talent in what counts most: content creation.
Through evaluation, analysis, recommendations, and decisions, you will build a solid technology structure that will not only maximize the project's production capacity, but, thanks to your in-depth knowledge of the code for the chosen machine and your strong reactivity, will also stand the test of time and keep up with the rapidly evolving video game industry.
As a key resource person for all things ''development'', you will ensure that teams are aligned so that their work is on track with the set technological direction, and you will share your perspective and expertise with your colleagues.
About Rainbow Six
Rainbow Six Siege is a constantly evolving game as a service, a competitive, esports-oriented 5v5 PVP shooter. Over the last 6 years, we have continuously added new content while simultaneously enhancing our technical and data foundations.
Surrounded by colleagues specialized in delivering core tech, throughout your onboarding - and beyond - you'll have the support of a host of experts who will help you develop and refine your skills while collectively elevating the quality and vision of the game.
As a team, we firmly believe:
• In a sustainable work rhythm and a healthy and inclusive environment.
• In iterative development and delivering value to players quickly (we ship live every 2 weeks 😊).
• That nothing is off-limits, and it's possible (and encouraged) to deliver major technical improvements in small increments.
• That this philosophy enables us to deliver a better quality game for our players.
What you'll do
• Define the technology vision for the project and lead the design of new gear, or features and tools, when the current assets no longer measure up.
• Identify and ensure the feasibility of improvements to the equipment and tools required for the success of the project.
• Ensure consistency, efficiency, scalability, modularity, and compatibility of the features developed by the team.
• Be a reference in the analysis and resolution of technical problems.
• In collaboration with technical management, communicate the technical limitations of the equipment, tools, or systems to production to inform them of their options and the best practices associated with them.
• Define the measures to be implemented to ensure optimal performance.
• Equip project teams (graphics, design, animation, etc.) to produce content within the defined technical framework
• Evaluate existing internal and external engines and tools to determine their respective strengths and weaknesses and recommend the most appropriate ones based on objectives and expectations.
• Anticipate technological advances and challenges brought about by new equipment (such as consoles) and suggest appropriate solutions.
• Create reference materials on the engine and tools to contribute to reusing, sharing and collaboration at Ubisoft.
What you bring
• A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or other relevant education)
• Extensive programming and technical leadership experience
• Proficiency in various programming languages, especially C++ and C#
• Strong code optimization skills
• In-depth knowledge of software architecture principles
• A good understanding of best practices and development tools (Visual Studio, GitLab, Perforce, etc.)
• Relational and communication skills to help strengthen collaboration A desire to share your knowledge to push the boundaries of technology and help others improve their skills
• A strong curiosity and thirst for learning that pushes you to strive for constant improvement
What to send our way
• Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9nnq4-44-192-92-49-42 in your application.