Team Lead (3D Environments/Level Art)
As a 3D Environment Lead at Ubi MTL, you will guide the creation of captivating 3D environments in an immersive world to explore. You will be an environmental architect, a visual storyteller and an experience creator.
Whether it's a level, a side mission, or part of an open world, you will assemble and position key elements to deliver impactful visual moments and enhance the player's experience. Each element you carefully place, whether it's a building or a prop, tells a story and evokes an atmosphere and mood.
What you'll do
• Collaborate with Level Designers and Art Directors to discuss and understand the intentions and vision of the game;
• Collaborate with other art team Leads and Art Directors to discuss and develop the vision for the game;
• Coordinate and motivate level artists as they develop their environments;
• Organize and facilitate regular team meetings to assign tasks, set priorities, discuss progress, etc.;
• Balance artistic aspects with technical constraints, while maintaining quality and performance standards;
• Evaluate the integrated work and ensure it is aligned with the artistic direction and can be animated well;
• Provide guidance and constructive feedback to develop a consistent, quality visual style;
• Keep up to date with best practices to keep pace with the industry;
• Participate in recruiting to create and grow your team of level artists.
What you bring to the team
• Solid experience in level art, modeling, texturing, lighting and image processing, or other relevant experience
• Knowledge of 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max or Maya) and optimization techniques
• Understanding of art fundamentals: lighting, composition, color theory, etc.
• Excellent mentoring, communication, organization, time management, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Flexibility and resourcefulness
• A collaborative, creative and empathetic spirit
• Attention to the finer details
What to send our way
• Your CV highlighting your education, experience and skills
• A portfolio of your best achievements in 3D! Attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq4j99-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.