We are looking for a Senior Online Programmer to be responsible for our online services and their integration for an ambitious new game IP. With your experience as a senior we hope you will provide many great qualities to our game production such as: navigation through change, problem-solving, advising & implementing and a self-leadership mindset.
Joining our studio
At Ubisoft Stockholm we're pioneers, building the future of games and creating great entertainment. Here you will be joining our production for an ambitious new game IP that is vastly different from what you have seen on the market before. On this new journey of yours, we want to give you and your team the freedom and trust you need to succeed in a creative and ever-evolving environment. We encourage you to make conscious choices and decisions, ask for feedback and iterate to learn new things, and as no one working here is alike we ask you to express what you need to be successful.
What you'll be doing
As our Senior Online Programmer, you'll be the first addition to our Online team on the project. This means you will have the opportunity to affect how the team is set up in our project and how to collaborate with our other teams, such as Engine and QA/QC. You will get direction for your work from our Game Technical Director and report to one of our producers.
Summary of the role:
• Set up the foundation for our online team, putting you on the track for a lead position.
• Develop powerful, reliable, and most importantly, fun online systems in collaboration with various teams.
• Design, build and implement microservices for exciting new game features.
• Integrate with Ubisoft service API.
• Explore and report on implementation options for new features.
• Establish a plan for and monitor online performance.
• Implement efficient code refactoring and reduce technical debt.
• Contribute to maintaining our code at a high level of quality.
• Analyze the project code to optimize performance, minimize errors and enhance the overall player experience.
We would love if you...
• Have solid understanding of design patterns, algorithms, and online databases.
• Are strong with C++ in a game development production environment.
• Have a keen interest in or experience from online features for multiplayer games.
• Know how to navigate and work with a microservice architecture.
• Can drive your own work forward with a leadership mindset of your area.
• Have great interpersonal skills combined with strong oral and written communication skills in English.
• Are interested in everything online and what the future may bring.
Apply now and make it yours.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8byp9-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.