Programmer (UI, C++)
Ubisoft is looking for you, the UI programmers!
Work as a programmer on the UI team for Rainbow Six Siege, a AAA live game played by millions of players every day! Participate and innovate in an ever-changing game.
You'll be working on many UI initiatives and improving current systems, including long-term progression, customization, and key issues raised by the community.
All this while supporting a live game and helping the different cells to achieve their goals. As a UI programmer, you will propose, design, implement and maintain the underlying systems that make the game enjoyable for millions of live players!
With each new iteration, you're committed to answering the most fundamental questions: Will the player navigate the menus naturally? Is the HUD intuitive?
As part of a cohesive presentation team of UI specialists, you'll bring to life the vision of UI designers, who will retain your perspective and consider your expertise when making decisions.
What you'll do
• Code new and existing systems to meet the design intent of the game presentation and keep them consistent with existing code.
• Understand existing features and suggest and develop improvements.
• Collaborate with designers and artists on schematics.
• Fix UI bugs.
• Document your work.
What you bring
• Minimum 4 years of experience in C++ programming and optimization.
• Experience in UI programming (menus, HUD).
• Experience on a team that has worked on a video game.
• A degree in computer science or software engineering (or related training).
• Experience in console design is an asset.
• A skill for communicating with all trades and supporting and pulling your team up on the quality and vision of the game.
• You are creative and eager to innovate.
What to send our way
• Your CV highlighting your background and skills
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3npjn-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.