As a Narrative Designer at Ubi MTL, you'll be a part of a collaborative team focused on creating a rich experience for players in an open world that allows them to make meaningful choices.
You will partner with scriptwriters to create compelling, non-linear stories and key narrative mechanics within the game.
What you'll do:
• Partner with the team to understand the overall game vision.
• Brainstorm and research ideas + discuss your findings with collaborative, cross-discipline teams.
• Pitch your ideas, create proposals, documentation, in collaboration with both writers and other disciplines to fully realize narrative features and content for the game.
• Carefully construct branching, interactive narratives with an economic approach to dialogue choice and consequence while centering the player experience.
• Act as a bridge between narrative and other disciplines, as well as an advocate for storytelling in various aspects of the game when needed.
• Master Oasis, Ubisoft's proprietary writing tool and keep your story elements error-free.
• Create and maintain detailed narrative design documents to guide cross-functional teams throughout production.
• Be open to feedback and repeatedly iterate on narrative content in the dynamic environment that game development requires.
• Be able to critically, constructively, and succinctly provide narrative feedback to team members from multiple disciplines.
• Be able to act as a game narrative expert supporting other disciplines in art, audio, and design
What you bring:
• A degree in Creative Writing, Literature, Film, or equivalent.
• At least 3 years of game development experience or related experience.
• Deep, intuitive understanding of non-linear and branching narrative, systemic narrative practices and game production processes.
• A passion for video games as a storytelling medium.
• A highly creative, collaborative, and innovative spirit.
• Curiosity, flexibility, and plenty of resourcefulness.
• Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
• Ability to adapt to feedback and to iterate on design.
• Experience with branching tools
What to send our way:
• Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
• A variety of samples of your best work (attach files or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio). The samples should demonstrate your ability to construct a branching, non-linear story, or interactive story. Additionally, a demonstration of how you create narrative mechanics is a plus.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal's dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You'll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can't disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvz2z0-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.