We are looking for a highly talented, motivated, and experienced person to work with us on XDefiant, a new multiplatform online multiplayer action game based in our San Francisco studio.
This is a Hybrid role with occasional onsite at our SF Studio and requires location based in the Bay Area.
XDefiant is a free-to-play, fast-paced arena shooter that combines intense gunplay with personalized loadouts and specialized factions, as teams of gunfighters battle for domination.
We are looking for a highly talented, motivated, and experienced person to work with us on XDefiant, a new multiplatform online multiplayer action game based in our San Francisco studio. XDefiant is a free-to-play, fast-paced arena shooter that combines intense combat with personalized loadouts and specialized factions, as teams of battle for domination.
When you're a Gameplay Engineer at Ubisoft San Francisco, you have a large influence over the game content and the quality of the game experience.
During the development process you'll focus on designing and building the game systems that are the foundation of our game. You'll also be optimizing, expanding, and adding core features to our engine technology in areas such as AI, navigation, online play, and audio.
As a dependable member of a cohesive online game team, you will participate in the design, coding, testing, integration, and debugging of the game's features and content with creators from multiple disciplines.
You'll also be part of the diverse Ubisoft San Francisco team. We embrace a variety of work situations based on what is best for the team, and we welcome people working in our SF office, remotely within the continental US, or some combination of the two. We put a priority on supporting our team members and what makes them happiest and most productive.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Analyze feature requests for viability, design completeness, risks
• Design and implement gameplay systems
• Optimize and extend the game engine
• Create low-latency, highly responsive game systems
• Collaborate with the design team to build engine features
• Maintain and extend documentation on gameplay features and systems
• Self-manage programming task schedule updates and coordinate with production team
• Work with design team to ensure that gameplay systems are used properly
• Mentor junior engineers and provide design guidance on new features
• Knowledge of all aspects of the game features you will be working on and own that responsibility to how that feature fits into overall lifecycle of the project
• Ensure that you code meets the team's coding standards to deliver high quality and maintainable code
• Interact with our dev testers to insure automation best practices going forward going forward
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
• Mid level of experience in programming/engineering development
• C/C++ development skills
• Several shipped titles as Gameplay Engineer
• Experienced in developing and implementing key gameplay systems
• Work well with designers and artists to implement the vision of the game
• Autonomous, problem-solving, and open-minded attitude
• Knowledge of performance/memory constraints of game software required
• Experience with scripting languages like Python
• Debugging and mathematical skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvj0n0-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.