Founded in 2005 and with a team of over 600 creative, passionate and innovative talents, Ubisoft Quebec is now one of the leaders in the industry. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, our studio assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey as well as Immortals Fenyx Rising, and is now developing Assassin's Creed Codename RED.
The Game Designer is responsible for developing game systems, controls and interfaces (as well as the other interactive elements) in order to bring the vision of the Creative Director into the desired player experience.
What you'll do
• Create game systems that answer the needs of the Creative Director with regard to the targeted experience for the player, while observing the production directives of the game;
• Standardize, document and communicate the game systems to the team. Regularly update documentation to offer a useful work reference for the whole team;
• Participate actively to the production of prototypes in order to adjust and validate systems prior to starting production. Assess the success of prototypes by measuring how objectives are met, using relevant quantitative and qualitative measurement techniques;
• By following the direction set by the Game Design Director, work on any and all aspects of Game Design by using the proper methods to provide accurate and meaningful designs;
• Participate to the development of tools required to implement and adjust game systems by collaborating with programming to determine the Game Design needs of such systems;
• Carry out all other related tasks.
What you bring
• Attestation of collegial studies (AEC) in video game design and production or any other equivalent educational background;
• Experience with design methods in video game production or any field where design is needed, or any other relevant experience;
• Client focus;
• Ability to manage diversity;
• Listening skills;
• Solid communication skills (written and spoken).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzz743-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.