As an Environment Artist (Level Artist) at Ubi MTL, you'll create captivating 3D environments within an immersive world waiting to be explored. You will be an environment architect, a visual storyteller, and an experience maker wrapped into one.
Be it in a level, side mission, or piece of an open-world map, you assemble and position key elements to deliver impactful visual moments and enhance the player experience. Every asset you carefully place, from a building to a prop, tells a story and evokes an atmosphere and a mood.
Even within a given framework, you can push creative boundaries – and you have the artistic ability to do it. You know how to modify lighting, play around with composition, and add just the right amount of detail to develop a game space with plenty of personality.
What you'll do
• Collaborate with level designers and the art director to discuss and understand game intentions and vision;
• Perform artistic research (find written descriptions and visual references);
• Set up placeholders and submit modelling and texturing requests to artists;
• Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints;
• Integrate and build assets into the game engine to set and dress a polished scene;
• Ensure integrated work is aligned with artistic direction and makes sense gameplay wise (test and improve).
What you bring
• A college diploma in 3D Modelling or equivalent
• Experience in modelling, texturing, lighting, and image processing, or other relevant experience
• Knowledge of 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max or Maya) and optimization techniques
• Understanding of art fundamentals: lighting, composition, colour theory, etc.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Curiosity, flexibility, and resourcefulness
• Creativity and a keen eye for detail
*Knowledge of 3D scanning and optimization techniques, a huge plus
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
• Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
• A portfolio of your best 3D work! Attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyq0z3-44-200-101-84-42 in your application.