Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft's worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Analyze feature requests for viability, completeness and risks
• Collaborate with a distributed engineering team in multiple locations
• Prioritise and manage the local engineering team's daily tasks
• Communicate the team's progress, risks and blockers to the project leadership
• Ensure the local engineering team works within the constraints of the existing game engine to meet performance, quality and maintainability benchmarks
• Pro-actively address issues blocking the team, providing them with the tools to work effectively
• Write code alongside your team members
• Drive the maintenance and documentation of relevant features and systems
• Maintain a collaborative and creative spirit in your teams
• Mentor, oversee and support the career growth and well-being of direct reports
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
• Good command of C++ programming, including refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing
• Experience in one or more video game engineering specialties ( Gameplay, Engine, UI, Rendering, Tools, Networking, etc... )
• Some experience mentoring or managing engineers
• An understanding of video game production with the ability to see the perspective of other professionals involved in production
• Autonomous, problem-solving, and open-minded attitude
• Good communication skills and ability & desire to work as a team player
• An ability to adapt to new situations and make necessary changes
• A calm demeanour when facing challenging situations (you know a solution is always at hand)
• Impeccable strategic leadership and communication skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjpye2-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.