Concept Artist (Environments)
As a Concept Artist at Ubi MTL, you'll lay the groundwork for the artistic team to create the memorable characters and environments players will engage with and enjoy. You'll provide the artwork that will serve as references, and guide the visual styling throughout production as all artists work towards a common goal.
You are a visionary, a thinker, a developer and an interpreter of ideas, able to be inspired while also inspiring others. You understand a vision and let your creativity guide you as you freely explore styles and designs in your medium of choice. You're eager to receive your colleagues' feedback and enjoy the challenge that comes with the continuous, iterative process of working and reworking your art until you communicate the correct visual design language.
What you'll do
• Partner with the art director to develop the overall vision of a game (set the tone and ambiance; pitch locations, key moments, emotional contrasts, etc.).
• Produce sketches and quick iterations (digital or paper).
• Create concepts of characters or environments from existing references or from scratch.
• Propose concepts to the artistic team and discuss possibilities.
• Adapt your artwork based on feedback.
• Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
• Refine your concept art to illustration by adding layers of detail.
What you bring
• Experience in concept art in the video game industry or other relevant experience
• Knowledge of digital painting and 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max)
• Understanding of art fundamentals: lighting, composition, architecture, anatomy, etc.
• Open-mindedness and flexibility
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (you can share your ideas and explain your creative process)
• A collaborative spirit
• A whole lot of creativity and curiosity
What to send our way
• Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
• A portfolio of finished and preliminary work – seriously, show us your sketches! Attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio.
Real live people from our team will review your application. In this case, it's our talent acquisition specialists Yara & Nicole. As they learn more about you through your profile, get to know them through the videos below.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rebp10-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.