Cinematic Technical Director– BGE2 (F/H/NB)
Ubisoft's 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players' lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Founded in 1994, Ubisoft Montpellier created Rayman, Beyond Good and Evil, Raving Rabbids franchises; has developed Ghost Recon, Assassin's Creed and Just Dance brands, as well as Jade, UbiArt Framework and Voyager game engines.
Today, the studio is setting itself apart by developing the sequel to Beyond Good and Evil, an ambitious project with a playground the size of a solar system.
As part of Beyond Good & Evil 2's production Team, the cinematic TD will work closely with the cinematic director and will report to the producing.
In collaboration with the cinematic Team, you 'll be mainly in charge of defining and maintaining the cinematic pipeline through technical and artistic requirements.
The main and routine tasks of this position are :
• Define and maintain cinematic pipelines through technical and artistic requirements expected by the project
• Produce a technical reference and/or technical constraints document, keep it current and communicate it so that the team can refer to it when required;
• Provide constant support and training to the cinematic team members;
• Mastering engine systems for cinematic integration cutscenes, triggers, customization, etc.
• Define and monitor devs tool/engine requirements for cinematics setup and debugging
• Master the cinematics production chain on the DCC side ( 3dsmax / Motion Builder / Maya .. ) and on the engine side ( Timeline editor, etc.)
• Master motor systems linked to cinematic rendering needs (animation, camera, rendering, lighting, sfx, vfx, etc.).
• Coordinate with Cinematic Director / TD datas to adjust and define technical guidelines in line with engine constraints & capacity
• Balance quality with efficiency when working under tight deadlines
• Experience in game engine/editors;
• Experience in developing and maintaining pipelines
• Basic understanding of narrative causality and logic;
• Quick to adapt to company proprietary softwares;
• Ability to understand and solve problems;
• Excellent communication skills and abilities to work efficiently within a team;
• Ability to work with people from other fields of expertise;
• Well Organized
• Aware of new technologies and processes related to the industry
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy2k8m-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.