When you're a 3D Animator at Ubi Montreal, you are responsible for a game's polished, harmonious animation, which allows players to fully immerse themselves in a world that is stylistically believable and consistent.
Whether you're animating for a hero or a monster, for a crowd or an object, you are always thinking of the movement's intention and the subject's behaviour, and of how this one tiny part fits into the larger picture of the game. All your efforts gain their meaning when you take a step back, see the finished product and feel the months of mechanics and decision-making dissolve to reveal a piece of art that brings a new, beautiful world to life.
You understand that teamwork is essential to reach that point. As an individual, you see a hidden story in the way a person moves; you tend to deconstruct the world around you into smaller parts that you then build back up. As a teammate, you pride yourself on your attention to detail, your organizational and communication skills, and your adaptability to change. You collaborate with artists, designers, programmers, leads and other animators, all of whom have opinions, ideas and constraints, but all of whom are committed to the unified goal of authentically portraying the universe with a certain flair.
What you'll do
• Sync the engine and the build to ensure you're working with the latest code and animations.
• Check in with your lead and your team to update and be updated the current situation.
• Prototyping, key framing, or blocking an animation.
• Working on your animations, of course, from scratch or from mo-cap.
• Testing your animations-over and over-and validating your designs.
• Problem-solving your animations.
• Polishing your animations.
• Read the latest relevant academic literature in order to stay at the forefront of your field.
What you bring
• Experience in videogame animation or equivalent;
• Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of visuals;
• Experience with animation software such as Motion Builder, 3ds Max or Maya;
• You love pushing the envelope, but you also understand the demands cohesive teamwork.
What to send our way
• Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
• A demo reel with a breakdown of your best work – seriously, show us your process! Attach samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmpq03-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.