Treyarch Studios is looking for a passionate VFX Specialist to help us create photo-realistic particle effects for a high-profile action-packed AAA title. This position requires expert-level artistic sensibilities and strong technical skills, where we're looking for someone passionate about making great games, who is an excellent problem-solver, and an effective communicator. If you think that describes you then we'd love to speak with you further!
What you'll do…
• Create content at an industry expert level and lead the way for in-game visual and/or technical quality bar.
• Create photo-real particle systems for game environments and scripted moments, as well as destructible assets, and coinciding particle systems.
• These may include real-time particle effects for the destruction of buildings, vehicles, natural environments, and everything in between using our proprietary toolset, as well as set dressing for levels with ambient atmospheric effects that produce beautiful photo-realistic game moments.
• Work closely with art directors/leads, lighting, design, sound, animation, and production to bring levels and features to life.
• Spearhead high profile innovations and/or technical processes for the department.
• Help to set quality and efficiency standards within the department, and to identify, assess, and manage art risks on a project and studio level.
• Create textures and/or meshes to use in particle effects with various 2D and 3D applications.
• Create detailed documentation and/or presentations to share information with team members.
• Mentor other artists on best practices and workflows.
To succeed you should have…
• 8+ years of experience in AAA game development with multiple shipped titles.
• Advanced experience with simulation and VFX software like FumeFX, Houdini, Maya, Max, etc.
• Advanced compositing knowledge (After Effects, Nuke, Fusion, Photoshop, etc.).
• Demo reel or website showing previous VFX work.
• Ability to work collaboratively between different departments as well as independently, and be able to drive initiatives through to completion.
• Expert eye for timing, weight, realism, color, volume, energy, and other particle aesthetics.
• Advanced ability to create all required art assets needed for particle effects and level atmospherics.
• Experienced technical ability within VFX, and strong general skills in understanding multiple disciplines.
• Able to stay within budgets and understand platform limitations.
• Strong troubleshooting and interpersonal skills.
We'd love it if you also have…
• Expert modeling and animation experience a plus.
• Advanced knowledge of Perforce or other version control software.
• Strong understanding of scripting and programming concepts.
• Ability to perform rigid body and soft body simulations/animations.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
PS, we've also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://hub.activisionblizzard.com/s/us-benefits
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyy6np-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.