Senior Test Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
UI Engineer - Treyarch
We are looking for a talented engineer with a passion for UI and a critical eye for game design. As an Engineer on our Call of Duty UI Engineering team you will be actively coding and engineering UI systems and features for various aspects of the game.
You'll be working primarily in C/C++ and Lua to implement features in our engine, and will use and improve our proprietary tools. We will consider all levels for this role. Please see below for experience requirements for each level.
What you will be doing:
• Design, write, debug and refine UI systems and underlying architecture
• Implement new UI features to design department's specifications
• Work closely with designers, artists and other members of the development team
• Work with Production team on feature estimates and task tracking to ensure project deliverable goals are met
• Minimum 5 years of industry experience in a UI Engineering or similar position for Senior level. 3+ years for Mid level, 1+ years for Associate level
• Multiple shipped AAA game titles for Senior level. At least 1 shipped AAA title for Mid
• Thorough understanding of UI/UX flow and function design
• A passion for video games and for developing high quality games and tools
• An undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science
• Proficient in C/C++
• Competent in a scripting language (Python, Perl, Lua, etc.)
• Solid communication skills for communicating engineering ideas and concerns with engineers as well as employees in other departments
• Experience with rendering systems and/or writing shaders
• Proficiency in C++11 and/or C#
• Scripting experience with Lua
• An understanding of profiling and performance tuning of code
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.