Treyarch is searching for the next member of its Global Systems Design Team. Global Systems is responsible for the design and creation of expansive game-wide systems that provide long-term fun and engagement in our games. This group has traditionally been responsible for player progression, personalization, challenges, social systems, competitive League Play, and player onboarding to name a few. Most of the systems this team delivers are intertwined across the entire game and support a mix of PVP and PVE modes that cater to a variety of casual, hardcore, and competitive audiences.
As a Systems Designer at Treyarch you will collaborate with development teammates from all disciplines to bring gameplay, social, and meta systems to reality. Starting from high-level design direction, you'll work with other Systems Designers and Leads to create design documentation and assist prototype, iteration, and execution of a variety of global systems features.
• Pitch systems design features, improvements, and solutions to development team leadership.
• Create detailed and visual design documentation that clearly communicates the vision and requirements of Global Systems features.
• Work with cross-disciplinary teams to prototype, iterate, and execute game systems to a high quality bar.
• Analyze analytics data, player feedback, and development team feedback to iterate, improve, and tune owned features.
• Identify opportunities to improve systems design process and workflows and put those improvements into practice with the help of development partners.
• Playtest regularly and provide feedback on global systems features and other components of our games.
• The ability to bring a positive, encouraging, and collaborative attitude to a team environment.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to find the best solution that aligns with the goals and restraints of the project.
• Self-motivated work ethic with a strong desire to learn, absorb feedback, and tackle a variety of design work.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to define the full breadth of a design's use-cases and requirements.
• Ability to facilitate and interpret analytics data to inform design opportunities, problems, and improvements.
• Ability to tune systems design components using feedback from a variety of sources to be both competitive and balanced for all player types.
• An empathetic approach to resolving interpersonal conflicts with other designers and disciplines.
• 2+ shipped commercial titles or 6+ years of professional experience in a systems design role.
• Passion for playing and making video games.
• Strong understanding of Call of Duty, other shooters, and multiplayer industry trends.
• Experience designing systems for AAA multiplayer shooter titles.
• Experience designing progression, monetization, competitive, and/or social systems.
• Experience developing for a live-ops title.
• Experience in Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
• Willing to complete and submit a written design document evaluation if asked.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3ve34-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.