We are on a mission to dramatically improve tools and workflows for the teams making Call of Duty. All of the tools used by our content creators are created and maintained in house. You will be responsible for developing new workflows, refactoring old ones, and directly working with others to get our games made. We have an interest in new efficient methods of creating content, as well as developing a clean and intuitive user experience, and you will be responsible for helping to design and implement these solutions.
What you'll do…
• Work with tool leadership and content teams to design and develop the features needed for the active projects within our in-house toolset.
• Maintain and improve any of a variety of tools, including our asset editor, level editor, animation tools, and more.
• Brainstorm new content creation approaches in cooperation with designers, artists, and graphics and engine engineers.
• Support users and optimize existing systems to keep tools performant and stable.
• Refining the interfaces to ensure we can meet the standards of a good user experience.
To succeed you should have…
• 5+ years of experience in engineering.
• Experience working on tools or GUI applications used in the game industry.
• Proficiency in C++.
• Experience working with video game content teams.
We'd love it if you also have…
• Experience developing in C++ with Qt.
• Prior experience working on world or asset editors for a video game engine.
• A track record of designing workflows with great UX.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
PS, we've also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://hub.activisionblizzard.com/s/us-benefits
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv5xk7-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.