Associate Principal Gameplay Systems Engineer - Treyarch (Vancouver)
We are looking for a talented engineer with a passion for gameplay and an analytical eye for game design to join our team in either Los Angeles or Vancouver. As an Associate Principal Gameplay Systems Engineer, you will be working closely with our Engineering teams to create and improve critical high- and low-level game systems.
As an Associate Principal Gameplay Systems Engineer should excel at pushing the boundaries of performance, functionality, and scalability. A successful Associate Principal Gameplay Systems Engineer will have an ''eye'' for gameplay and a knack for delivering and improving workflows for both Engineers and Content Creators. You should be able to get quickly familiarized with existing codebases and be able to write elegant, high performing extensible code that works well within a collaborative environment.
What you'll do...
• Implement, debug and optimize major systems in C/C++ and other languages in the context of a large cross platform codebase
• Spearhead development of innovative gameplay experiences
• Contribute to game architecture and technical designs and postmortems
• Perform data and code analysis to identify improvement opportunities
• Provide mentorship to less experienced engineers
To succeed you should have...
• 12+ years of proven experience in a Gameplay Engineering role or similar position with experience shipping titles
• Proficiency in C/C++
• Proficiency in scripting language such as Python or Lua
• Advanced knowledge of algorithms and data structures
• Advanced optimization and debugging skills
• Strong math skills - especially linear algebra and 3D vector math
• Game knowledge and an understanding of the design principles behind games
• Able to collaborate with other engineers and non-technical team members, and be able to adapt to a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges constantly evolve
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• And most importantly, a passion for making games
We'd love it if you also have...
• Advanced programming specialty, such as low level network programming, High Level Shader Language (HLSL), SSE assembly, etc
• Expertise and passion in one or more of the following areas: AI, User Interfaces, Animation, or General Gameplay
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
The standard base pay range for this role is $143,693-$303,715 CAD annually. These values reflect the expected annualized base pay range of new hires in British Columbia, Canada. Ultimately, your offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share additional details for this role during the hiring process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g44n2v-34-204-169-230-42 in your application.