Treyarch is looking for a world-class, industry-leading Senior Gameplay Animator for our future projects. In this role, you will help inspire the team by creating the highest quality animations while pushing the boundaries of gameplay, storytelling, and technology. The ideal candidate is passionate about animation, gameplay, and has a strong understanding of animation principles, body mechanics, and motion-capture editing techniques.
A successful Senior Gameplay Animator will bridge animation, engineering, and design to identify potential issues and deploy correct solutions. You must be highly organized and have outstanding communication skills. While working with a Lead Animator, you will champion the animation vision and become an essential pillar of the animation team. Additionally, a Senior Animator will provide relevant input that will influence animation technology development, resources, and tool development.
What you'll do…
• With a focus on character performances and gameplay, produce high-quality third person animations using the tools at your disposal
• Effectively collaborate with Production, Animators, Designers, Artists, and Engineers
• Drive improvements to the third person animation pipeline, explore a wide variety of ideas that push the Call of Duty style of animation, and a passion to push it forward
• Animating in Key Frame animation and working with Motion Capture
• Identify potential areas of risk and work with other groups to mitigate that risk
• Hooking up animations within a ASM (Animation State Machine)
To succeed you should have…
• 5+ years of experience as an Animator in the game industry
• 2+ shipped titles
• Able to create animation suits/full set of player animations within a ASM (Animation State Machine)
• Great understanding of animation principles and realistic body mechanics
• Mentorship skills
• Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication
• Facial animation experience
• Expert knowledge of Maya
• Experience working with Motion Builder
• Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• Expert knowledge of animation implementation and debugging techniques
• Self-starter and problem solver
We'd love it if you also have…
• Creature animation experience
• Camera animation skills
• Experience working with outsourcing
• Passionate about games and the Call of Duty franchise
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
PS, we've also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://hub.activisionblizzard.com/s/us-benefits
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbezky-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.