Treyarch is looking for a talented and passionate Senior Concept Artist who wants to work on our current and future projects, where you will work alongside a team of world-class concept artists on one of the most successful videogame franchises of all time.
Our ideal candidate is excited about creating immersive environments and has a good understanding of architecture as well as organic environments. Beyond creating inspiring artwork, as a Senior Concept Artist, you will be helping to guide, mentor, and share your ideas and experience with others. If you are passionate about videogames, concept art, and have a strong portfolio, come join our team!
What you'll do…
• Create inspirational artwork to define artistic vision and support game design
• Produce creative designs from initial sketches to final concepts
• Gather and organize reference for the concept team
• Paint over renders and screenshots in Photoshop
• Draw storyboards which will illustrate the movement of FX and FX animations
• Create redline notes for environments, taking game levels to a higher fidelity for the production
• Mentor other artists
• Actively contribute to the growth of the studio
To succeed you should have…
• 5+ years' experience
• Shipped at least 2 AAA titles
• Strong knowledge of Photoshop
• Understanding of traditional artistic skills, composition, rendering, anatomy, color theory, perspective, lighting, environment, architectural, character, and graphic design
• Solid drawing fundamentals, along with traditional painting and rendering techniques
• Knowledge of 3D programs Blender, Modo, etc.
We'd love it if you have…
• Excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills
• A strong ability to observe, research, and analyze a variety of subject matters (i.e., history, architecture, construction, and how things are made)
• Ae task driven, self-motivated, and proactive
• A willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborate with others to share techniques, ideas, and contribute to a positive working environment
Candidates will need to submit the following:
• Online Portfolio (with a focus in realistic environmental concept art and demonstrated proficiency in traditional art skills, digital-painting, and 3D software)
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
PS, we've also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://hub.activisionblizzard.com/s/us-benefits
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq9xjz-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.