We're looking for a talented and motivated engineer to help bring our games' online experience to the next level. You will be a part of the Online Engineering team at Treyarch, where you will work closely with other engineers, producers, designers, and with department leadership . You will design and implement client features, multiplayer systems, online and community features and tools . Y ou will work with peers across Activision in domains such as data analyti c s a nd backend systems to bring game features to a n industry-leading level
of polish .
As an Online Engineer you should be able to get quickly familiarized with existing codebases and be able to write elegant, high performing extensible code that works well within a collaborative environment.
At Treyarch, our games' post-launch life cycle is richer than ever before with new features and updates being added constantly to support the game's commerce ecosystem. Th e Online team – and your role in it - plays a key part in ensuring sustained player engagement and the success of game feature s at launch and during our highly critical and dynamic post-launch seasons .
We have offices in Los Angeles and Vancouver, and you will be welcome in either of these locales.
• Design, implement, debug, and optimize game features in C/C++ and scripting languages.
• Work with manager and engineering leads to c ontribut e to online architecture and technical designs .
• Optimiz e and maintain existing code , tools, and data v isualizations.
• Identify and implement instrumentation in support of the development and goals of designers and engineers.
• 2+ years of programming experience, with at least 1+ year focused
on networking or online systems.
• Shipped at least one game title or experienced with supporting and contributing to a released game title.
• Demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ with experience in at least one scripting language (such as Python or Lua).
• Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures . Knowledge of performance and multithreaded programming.
• Sound understanding
of network protocols, client/ server, and peer-to-peer architectures .
• The ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code.
• Good communication skills and the ability to collaborate with other technical and non- technical team members alike.
• Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve .
• A passion for the development of video games, understanding the players' mindset, and distilling information to make games better for players.
• University-level degree in Computer Science
or a related field.
• Knowledge of SQL, R/Python for data analysis, and experience with data visualization tool s and pipeline s.
• Strong passion for video games and a sound understanding of game systems as a player.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rooyn1-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.