Lead Gameplay Engineer - Treyarch (Vancouver)
Treyarch is looking for a new Lead Gameplay Engineer with a passion for multiplayer gameplay and experience in managing a small team of engineers to join our team in Vancouver, Canada.
In this role, you will be responsible for helping to oversee the technical vision and strategy for the multiplayer content in our games as well as manage a small team of engineers. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate this vision effectively to the Multiplayer Gameplay Engineering team as well as across other groups such as the Production and Design teams to bring innovative Multiplayer content & game features to life. You will be a leader by example in our Multiplayer Engineering team, helping to choose, design, and implement cutting edge systems to accomplish this vision.
As a successful engineer in this position, you should be able to quickly get familiar with existing codebases and systems and be able to implement elegant, high performing updates and extensions that work well within a collaborative environment, and you should be comfortable managing a team of 3 or more engineers. The candidate should have an eye for Gameplay technologies and a knack for understanding how to deliver exciting experiences that millions of fans are going to love.
What you'll do...
• Work with and lead a Multiplayer Gameplay Engineering team to craft development of innovative multiplayer content systems & experiences
• Implement, debug and optimize multiplayer content systems in C/C++ and other languages
• Contribute ideas for new multiplayer content technologies, architectures, and technical designs
• Perform data and code analysis to find opportunities for improvement
• Provide mentorship to less experienced engineers
To succeed you should have...
• 8+ years of experience as a Gameplay Engineer (or similar experience)
• Experience managing direct reports
• Experience shipping game titles
• A strong understanding of core CS algorithms and data structures
• Strong C/C++ skills
• Strong math proficiency
• Ability to collaborate with other engineers, designers, and game developers
• Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
We'd love it if you also have...
• Network engineering experience
• Expertise in one or more of the following areas: Animation, General Gameplay, UI/UX
• Experience with scripting languages
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
• Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
• 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
• Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
• Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
• If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.
The standard base pay range for this role is $105,455.00 - $222,870.00 CAD. These values reflect the expected annualized base pay range of new hires in British Columbia, Canada. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3qe5q-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.