Treyarch is searching for a talented Associate Systems Designer to be the next member of our Global Systems Design Team. Global Systems is responsible for the design and creation of expansive game-wide systems that provide long-term fun and engagement in our games. This group has traditionally been responsible for player progression, personalization, challenges, social systems, competitive League Play, and player onboarding to name a few. Most of the systems this team delivers are intertwined across the entire game and support a mix of PVP and PVE modes that cater to a variety of casual, hardcore, and competitive audiences.
As an Associate Systems Designer at Treyarch you will collaborate with development teammates from all disciplines to bring gameplay, social, and meta systems to reality. Working with lead and senior designers, you'll create design documentation and assist prototype, iteration, and execution of global systems features.
• Create and maintain design documentation that clearly communicates the requirements for Global Systems features.
• Work with cross-disciplinary teams to prototype, iterate, and execute game systems.
• Implement assets and data required to support features and systems.
• Playtest regularly and provide feedback on global systems features and other components of our games.
• Collect feedback from leads and peers on owned work.
• The ability to bring a positive and collaborative attitude to a team environment.
• Self-motivated work ethic with a strong desire to learn, absorb feedback, and tackle a variety of design work.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to define the full breadth of a design's use-cases and requirements.
• Passion for playing and making video games.
• 1-2 years of professional game design or development experience is a bonus.
• Strong understanding of Call of Duty, other shooters, and multiplayer industry trends.
• Formal game design, interface design, product design, or communication design training.
• Experience in Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with scripting, game development tools, and bug tracking software.
• Experience in a detail-oriented data entry or content implementation role.
• Willing to complete and submit a written design document evaluation if asked.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp17v4-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.