Treyarch is looking for a talented engineer with a passion for gameplay to join our team and be a key contributor in developing our technology to bring our future titles to life.
As an Animation Engineer you will be working on developing the Call of Duty animation system used in our future titles. You will be working with engineers across multiple time zones and on technology that will be used by multiple games. You will be expected to drive the long term vision and detail the roadmap of the animation system for the years to come.
What you'll do…
• Contribute to the animation capabilities and tooling for the Call of Duty game engine
• Support game teams and their content creators to build new games
• Collaborate with content creators and gameplay teams to learn and understand their needs
• Build positive relationships with animation teams across the Call of Duty franchise
• Actively and enthusiastically seek out help, code reviews, and advice
To succeed you should have…
• The ability to understand and write effective C++ code
• A strong understanding of the fundamentals of 3D animation
• Communication skills for sharing ideas clearly, learning from others, and giving meaningful feedback
• Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry, and linear algebra
• Experience collaborating with content creators and technical artists
• Experience shipping AAA titles
You're a great fit if your philosophy is to…
• Commit to doing things the right way, even when it's difficult
• Value diversity and differences in others
• Ensure discussions include every voice that has something to say
• Enable technology that makes games accessible to every person who wants to play them
• Strive to learn from the knowledge and experiences of those around you
We'd love it if you also have…
• Experience with building tools for content creators
• Familiarity with animation concerns in a multiplayer game environment
• Experience working with or contributing to in-house engine development
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
PS, we've also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://hub.activisionblizzard.com/s/us-benefits
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1bbqm-3-235-65-220-42 in your application.