Treyarch is looking for a dedicated AI Engineer with a passion for AI technology and Gameplay to join our team in either Vancouver, BC or Los Angeles, CA.
In this role, you will be working closely with our AI Engineering, Animation and Design teams to bring innovative AI characters, behaviors, and game features to life. An AI Engineer should excel at rapidly prototyping ideas and be capable of quickly turning a design specification from paper into a usable system for further iteration. As a successful engineer in this position, you should be able to quickly get familiar with existing codebases and systems and be able to implement elegant, high performing updates and extensions that work well within a collaborative environment. The candidate should have an ''eye'' for AI and gameplay technologies and a knack for understanding how to deliver exciting experiences that millions of fans are going to love.
What you'll do…
• Implement, debug and optimize AI and Gameplay systems in C/C++ and other languages
• Spearhead development of innovative AI & Gameplay experiences
• Contribute to AI and Gameplay technologies, architectures and technical designs
• Perform data and code analysis to find opportunities for improvement
To succeed you should have…
• 2+ years of experience as an AI, Animation, or Gameplay Engineer (or similar experience)
• Shipped 1+ game titles
• Strong understating of core CS algorithms and data structures
• Strong C/C++ skills
• Strong math proficiency
• Familiarity and practical experience with core AI technologies – Behavior trees, animation state machines, pathfinding and steering
• A passion for AI technologies, and an understanding of the AI & design principles behind games
• Ability to collaborate with other engineers, designers, and game developers
• Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
We'd love it if you also have…
• Network engineering experience
• Expertise in one or more of the following areas: Animation, General Gameplay, UI/UX
• Experience with scripting languages
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
PS, we've also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rom7z6-3-237-29-69-42 in your application.